Author Topic: United States TSA requiring other countries to follow their rules.  (Read 1428 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Recently the TSA has required all flights coming to the US follow their asinine rules. This includes one of their newest rules which bans you from taking an electronic device on a plane if the battery is dead and it can't be powered on. Since you can't put a battery powered device in the cargo hold, you'd have to leave your phone.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/dead-phones-banned-from-flights-to-the-united-states-1.1901900#commentsField-534331

[insert Benjamin Franklin quote]

Only vaguely relevant, but the battery life on my Iphone is starting to piss me off. I can only get  3 hours out of it anymore. I don't know if the battery wore out like my last one or what, but it used to have a longer charge life.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: United States TSA requiring other countries to follow their rules.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:24:08 am »
Welp, looks like I'm never flying to the US. My laptop literally cannot boot with the battery in (it almost immediately overheats), so I'd have to plug it in, and I'm not sure if they'd like that.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:15:46 am »
The TSA is in serious need of reform.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:21 am »
The TSA is in serious need of elimination.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:17:06 am »
Yes, because dead batteries and/or malfunctioning chargers (like my laptop) are SO MUCH more likely to kill people than those without. The hell, TSA?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:08:26 am »
Yes, because dead batteries and/or malfunctioning chargers (like my laptop) are SO MUCH more likely to kill people than those without. The hell, TSA?

This is the same organization that banned people from bringing water bottles onto planes because they were afraid that terrorists could use them to hide bombs. Sort of like how they hide bombs in their clothes around the crotch area, which is why pat downs are necessary. Or something.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 03:49:40 pm »
Things like that have been done.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »
If Lewis Black is to be believed, there was a terrorist who managed to board a plane with a bomb strapped to his dick.  Its okay, he was only going to blow up Detroit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 05:05:01 am »
I suggest we all pray to whatever imaginary friend we care to imagine that no terrorist decides to smuggle a bomb in his urethra. The consequences would be absolutely disastrous.