Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159327 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2018, 10:46:33 am »
A silent film is just a really long gif.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #796 on: April 09, 2018, 04:04:32 am »
Damnit Art. I swear when I've passed on from this world I will return as a ghost so I can curse your entire future lineage for making me come to this realization.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #797 on: April 09, 2018, 04:29:47 am »
As a silent and 2D ghost? Because then you could be an IRL gif.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #798 on: May 10, 2018, 10:58:29 pm »
What if "Mike" was actually short for "Micycle"?

If a nickname is what people call you for short, does that mean your full name is your nicholasname?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:07:58 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #799 on: May 19, 2018, 11:19:51 pm »
What if "Mike" was actually short for "Micycle"?

How many wheels would that contraption have?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #800 on: May 30, 2018, 08:54:21 pm »
I kinda wanna start a pizza joint that offers stoner chow pizzas.  Want your pepperoni pizza covered in jalapeno cheddar Cheetos?  Done.  Crushed spicy nacho Doritos in the crust?  Why the fuck not?  Screw it, you want gummi bears and avocado on your pizza?  Pizza burger?  Shrimp?  Vodka in the dough?  If we got the ingredients, you get the pizza, no questions asked.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #801 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:31 pm »
I'm sure pregnant women would also love it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2018, 09:07:03 am »
So long as they got the money, sure.  We may add an Asshole Tax if you turn prick on us, but other'n that, their money's as green as the next guy.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #803 on: June 02, 2018, 12:54:44 am »
I'd eat there and I'm not even a stoner

Art Vandelay

« Reply #804 on: June 02, 2018, 10:11:57 am »
Why exactly do we feel the need to call cartoons "anime" when they come from Japan? We still call them cartoons and not karikatur when they are from Germany, or мультфильм when they are from Russia.

Naming conventions can be fucking strange at times.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #805 on: June 02, 2018, 05:52:21 pm »
I'd eat there and I'm not even a stoner

Even thought up a name for it: Exceptionally Eccentric Pies, or EEP!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #806 on: June 08, 2018, 03:53:59 am »
So... I read a story about a certain homicide in Finland. There's a book coming out with that name. It's the story of a boy who's father was a violent drunk and a career criminal. When he wasn't in jail he was stealing money from his wife, beating up his wife or drinking with his buddies. The boy was so stressed by the violence that he told his grandmother (from mother's side) that he wants to kill his father. His mother once jumped out of the third floor balcony to escape her violent husband and was suicidal, this situation was known to the locals but the authorities did not help the family.

Eventually, when the boy announced again that he is going to kill his father his granny stopped him and said that she'll do it "because she isn't busy." She took a kitchen knife, went to the bar where the father was drinking with his buddies and his brother and she stabbed him in the chest once. As he lay dying on the ground she tried to stop people from calling an ambulance.

Eventually she was sentenced to few years in jail, a sentence that was lowered to three years on account of the special circumstances in the case. ...And then she was pardoned by the president after 1 year and three months because everyone in the town, including the friends and the brother of the deceased who were witnesses to the homicide, had signed a petition to have her pardoned.

Which brings me up to today's random thought: How bad do you have to be that your friends and family sign a petition to pardon your killer?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #807 on: June 08, 2018, 04:14:11 am »
Which brings me up to today's random thought: How bad do you have to be that your friends and family sign a petition to pardon your killer?
A career criminal, a drunk and a wife beater, obviously. Did you not read your own story or something?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #808 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:14 am »
Well I've found some people on the internet don't read what they post so....it's possible.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #809 on: June 09, 2018, 12:08:23 am »
That story reminds me a lot of the killing of Ken McElroy of the small town of Skidmore Missouri in July of 1981 that I learned about from this episode of Buzzfeed Unsolved (If you watch ANYTHING on Buzzfeed, it should be Unsolved, or Worth It, but that;s off-topic to this particular story)

Here's the vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZktTdGHaJY

Basically Ken acted like he owned the entire town. He was nicknamed "The Town Bully" and that doesn't even cover half the evil, psychotic shit this dude pulled. The video goes into great detail and there is this book they mention (which I haven't read yet, might go looking for it in the library) but basically he terrorized this town with various cases of theft, cattle mutilation, and assaults. He was also a pedophile who had multiple underage "brides" that he physically and mentally abused.

He was never convicted by a jury until he was brought to court until he was charged with attempted murder for trying to blast a dude's head off with a shotgun because he'd been a witness in a case that was still ongoing at the time of the attempt on this guy's life.

Ken gets killed in broad daylight, and everyone in town except for the corrupt police he was threatening and paying off saw exactly who did it, and when the detectives tried to ask around for the culprit, not a single witness sold out the killer who did it. The town considers this person to be a hero, and honestly for a pretty solid reason.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:11:43 am by Kanzenkankaku »