Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1630152 times)

Cloudy

Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #675 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:31 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2012, 02:10:32 pm »
It's probably a demon possesing the nonbeliever like in Chick Travesties.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #677 on: March 20, 2012, 02:26:08 pm »

Every culture has experienced flooding. When an ancient culture's country or area expreriences a flood, they assume that the whole world floods, because the land they know of, is practically the world to them. There is no evidence outside of these myths that the entire world has flooded at one time.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #678 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:58 pm »
And all those flood stories are radically different. And Noah's flood was likely supposed to be local rather than global.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #679 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #680 on: March 20, 2012, 03:40:22 pm »
Is it just me, or is the only way the right wing seems to be able to argue against the contraceptive mandate is to lie about? From what i understand, doesn't it require insurance companies to basically say "Hey Female Employees, your corporate policy is X, but for $Y a month you can add plan Z that covers birth control"?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #681 on: March 20, 2012, 04:13:20 pm »

Well, aside from the fact that you have provided exactly zero pieces of evidence disproving Evolution yet have claimed that it makes no sense:

How can all of these 'global' flood stories be about the same flood? Aside from the fact that they are radically different, if Noah's flood is true then only 8 people survived. Where did all these other flood stories come from if the main characters all died during Noah's flood?

Either Noah's flood was local and not a miracle, or all the other flood stories are talking about different local floods.
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #682 on: March 20, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »
Atheissimo, you ignorant slut, you're bringing logic into this?  Logic is so last year.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #683 on: March 20, 2012, 07:47:26 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #684 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:26 am »
Atheissimo, you ignorant slut, you're bringing logic into this?  Logic is so last year.

I approve of using the world 'slut' out of context. It throws everybody off-kilter when deployed in a conversation.

+1
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #685 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:37 am »

Because if either party is stuck in the past, it's clearly the Democrats.  ::)

Edit: Also, that car is fucked up, and the baby should be in a rear-facing car seat.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:41:07 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #686 on: March 21, 2012, 10:01:53 am »
Because if either party is stuck in the past, it's clearly the Democrats.  ::)

Edit: Also, that car is fucked up, and the baby should be in a rear-facing car seat.

Yeah, even if the democrats were stuck in the 60's-70's, they'd still be about ten years ahead of the republicans.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #687 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:07 pm »

How is decent birth control coverage supposed to be a turnoff to a modern woman? Most use birth control in some form, so they can worry about other things like providing for their families and careers/jobs.

Is it just me, or is the only way the right wing seems to be able to argue against the contraceptive mandate is to lie about? From what i understand, doesn't it require insurance companies to basically say "Hey Female Employees, your corporate policy is X, but for $Y a month you can add plan Z that covers birth control"?

Silly, don't you know companies have the right to force their religious beliefs down ones throat is they want to.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2012, 02:03:50 pm »
How is decent birth control coverage supposed to be a turnoff to a modern woman? Most use birth control in some form, so they can worry about other things like providing for their families and careers/jobs.

OBVIOUSLY it's because the woman depicted HAS a baby, and anyone who supports birth control wants to kill children.  And you wouldn't want those mean pro-choice people murdering her baby, would you?
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #689 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:43 pm »
At least the political cartoonist actually did SOME research into the Sandra Fluke case.

The problem is that he took said research, folded it hapharzardly, and held up the mess and said "Look, I madez a boat! <_>"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet