Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1463423 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7185 on: May 24, 2018, 10:54:04 am »
And here I was worrying about such tiny things as whether or not EA will do the lootbox shuffle with this fucker.  That'll show me for caring about something of actual consequence.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7186 on: May 24, 2018, 09:11:40 pm »
My question is why bother making it a World War II shooter if you're going to change so much? At that point, you might as well just make it about a fictional conflict.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7187 on: May 24, 2018, 09:50:58 pm »
Willing suspension of disbelief.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7188 on: May 24, 2018, 11:26:16 pm »
My question is why bother making it a World War II shooter if you're going to change so much? At that point, you might as well just make it about a fictional conflict.

Because I wanna shoot Nazis.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7189 on: May 25, 2018, 12:05:34 am »
I just scored a free copy of ELEX. I'm a huge fan of Gothic, so naturally I'm quite happy about this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:46:40 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7190 on: May 25, 2018, 10:53:35 am »
I'm just saying that if you watch a trailer that makes Captain America: The first Avenger look like a historical documentary and then come out saying that women in the military is the most unrealistic bit in it then I question your motives.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7191 on: May 25, 2018, 05:10:06 pm »

Because I wanna shoot Nazis.

And really, that's all the justification you need to produce or consume a piece of entertainment. But I don't understand the rationale.

I'm just saying that if you watch a trailer that makes Captain America: The first Avenger look like a historical documentary and then come out saying that women in the military is the most unrealistic bit in it then I question your motives.

I see where you're coming from. But I suspect people are making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. Are we sure it's not just the media making a mountain of a molehill, like what happened with the "controversy" surrounding the first female Doctor?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7192 on: May 25, 2018, 07:27:45 pm »
Dude, geeks/nerds/whatever-the-fuck are the biggest pussies on the fucking planet; you should know this, by now.  A woman gets anywhere near whatever sacred cow they like to fuck and hoo-boy, you can hear the idiotic screeching from fucking Pluto.  Female Doctor?  OHMIGODWIMMINNOTDAWKTAR!  Female characters altered to be more energy and less sex appeal?  BUTINEEDSACUM!  A woman so much as breathes on an FPS' voice chat?  LOLTITSORGTFO.  Its the same group of fuckin' retards that shatter their keyboards in a fit of rage if a game's textures are one pixel off standard HD resolution.

They want gaming to become/remain a secluded, insular community of socially inept dipshits spamming /b/tard bullshit across whatever game's chat system they want without reproach or fear of qualification.  They are as worthless as they are predictable.  Let 'em screech in the hallowed confines of GameFAQs, 4chan, and other such shitholes.  Its more funny when games owned and operated by actual people kick them the fuck off for being idiots, anyways.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7193 on: May 25, 2018, 10:10:59 pm »
Dude, geeks/nerds/whatever-the-fuck are the biggest pussies on the fucking planet; you should know this, by now.  A woman gets anywhere near whatever sacred cow they like to fuck and hoo-boy, you can hear the idiotic screeching from fucking Pluto.  Female Doctor?  OHMIGODWIMMINNOTDAWKTAR!  Female characters altered to be more energy and less sex appeal?  BUTINEEDSACUM!  A woman so much as breathes on an FPS' voice chat?  LOLTITSORGTFO.  Its the same group of fuckin' retards that shatter their keyboards in a fit of rage if a game's textures are one pixel off standard HD resolution.

They want gaming to become/remain a secluded, insular community of socially inept dipshits spamming /b/tard bullshit across whatever game's chat system they want without reproach or fear of qualification.  They are as worthless as they are predictable.  Let 'em screech in the hallowed confines of GameFAQs, 4chan, and other such shitholes.  Its more funny when games owned and operated by actual people kick them the fuck off for being idiots, anyways.
This man speaks the truth.

Seriously, fuck nerd/geek culture.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7194 on: May 26, 2018, 05:05:04 am »
Of course this is blown out of proportion, but it's not being done by the media. The people who complain about this are a minority of gamers, but they are an extremely loud minority.

I mean, guys make up approx half of gamers and not all of them are dick-bags but KiA and GG are all rallying for this cause because nothing says "ethics in gaming journalism" like complaining about women.

Do they complain about other aspects of the trailer? Only as a smoke screen. The only times they mention the katana or the face-paint is when they are screaming "SEE! YOU CLAIMING THAT WE ONLY CARE ABOUT THE FEMOID IS A STRAWMAN REEEE!!!!!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7195 on: May 26, 2018, 05:13:45 am »
And here I was worrying about such tiny things as whether or not EA will do the lootbox shuffle with this fucker.  That'll show me for caring about something of actual consequence.
Not this time, and not because they don't still want them there. My guess is that they are keeping their heads down and hoping that people forget how they somehow fucked up the Star Wars and Mass Effect franchises with their signature combination of greed and ineptitude.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7196 on: May 26, 2018, 11:48:59 am »
Yeah, let's just wait and see how long they can keep their greedy cocks out of the game's mouth.  Almost anything can be added to a game after release, nowadays.  I haven't trusted EA since they destroyed Origin; the fact they used its leftover skinsuit to clad their shitty Steam rip-off was just salt on the wound.

[ETA]

Finally found a way to make Mesmers fun in GW2.  Like most things, it involves a lot of fire.  Fuck your minion-reliant bullshit, I now light whole platoons on fire.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:50:52 pm by RavynousHunter »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7197 on: May 28, 2018, 01:22:15 pm »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7198 on: May 31, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »
So... this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #7199 on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:24 pm »
So... this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo</a>

FTFY.