Author Topic: Man sues wife for being ugly...And WINS  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Man sues wife for being ugly...And WINS
« on: October 27, 2012, 08:26:47 am »
When I read this article, I was humored, amazed, and shocked at the same time.  Their daughter is the one to whom my heart goes out.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: Man sues wife for being ugly...And WINS
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:01:32 am »
What the fuck?

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:38:01 am »
While the actual article helps some with reducing the "What?" Factor and I think the Judge intended that as a jab at the plastic surgery industry there. That you shouldn't misrepresent people and blah blah.

But the husband is full of shit for suing his wife because their daughter is ugly. Winning just because the judge probably has an issue with plastic surgery is insane and why most places have jury based systems.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:52:13 am »
Well a marriage is basically a contract so I guess they have a point when they say that she gave false information by having changed her face. And even though getting a divorce because of "ugly genes" seems petty you have to admit that if we do consider marriage to simply be a contract and if we consider that an important part for his choise of wife was getting "pretty" kid(s) then this doesn't seem so...

No it still is stupid and crazy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »
...You know what?

I don't like China.

Then again, I'm not exactly fond of the USA either.

I hate it when petty bullshit is blown to epic proportions.

(Conversely, I hate it when genuine problems are dismissed as petty bullshit)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 04:59:31 pm »
My neighbour has had the nerve to be utterly hideous to look at for the last year.

It is time I take the bitch to court.

/maybejoking
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

Ah yes, the procedure most commonly known as a Crackeroplasty. Quite popular in Asia, not only for the looks but also for the 500% increase in driving skill typically grants. That said, mathematical aptitude does tend to take a hit.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »
Can you say petty?  Holy shit...
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 04:42:49 am »
So get the daughter the same plastic surgery when she's old enough. No big deal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 05:11:03 am »
So get the daughter the same plastic surgery when she's old enough. No big deal.

Ummm.... No.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 06:25:16 am »

Can we just start a tally of "obvious trolling shit Reasonator says"?

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 06:58:15 pm »
Obvious sarcasm. I'm not saying to really do that unless she wants to, that's her choice. What I'm saying is if he's really that freaked out about it then suing her still doesn't make sense when what ever the wife used to alter her appearance could likely be just as easily used by his daughter when she grows up and being a realist she probably will given the increasing cultural pressures to do so which could even effect employment and marriage opportunities.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 07:57:35 pm »
I remember when my kid sister was born she had a big bump on the back of her head and our dad would joke about how she looked liked one of the Coneheads.

Babies are always really ugly when they're first born. It's nothing to file a lawsuit over.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »
Babies are always really ugly when they're first born.

THANK YOU.  Been sayin that shit for years, and people look at me like I grown a second head.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »
Babies are always really ugly when they're first born.

THANK YOU.  Been sayin that shit for years, and people look at me like I grown a second head.

Even beyond that, they're only cute as long as they're not screaming, barfing and/or shitting themselves (I.E. Very rarely).