Author Topic: Ken Ham and a fellow xian on Oklahoma  (Read 2929 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Ken Ham and a fellow xian on Oklahoma
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:36:48 pm »
Yeesh. Look what Ken Ham had to say about the aftermath of this disaster:

He quotes someone named Lacey Seely who says:
We have seen some "secular" folks come in and help, but when it has come down to the nitty gritty, down and dirty clean up, feeding folks, housing them etc...these so called "peaceful atheists" are NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. That says a lot about the content of their character.

"no where to be seen"? What about those "secularists" that she mentioned?

Uh huh. But, when it comes to the fact that it's their god who's theoretically responsible for the problem in the first place?

And we, Christians, the body of Christ are helping one another. We are taking care of each other. And even in the midst of this terrible tragedy, God is good. The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh, but blessed be the name of the LORD!!!!

Is this bint assuming that every last single fucking volunteer down there was a fundy xian like herself?

So let's just get this straight...god sends the tornado and it's all right and good.  You don't see any "atheists" helping to clean up (what are you looking for: People with a large "A" on their shirts?) and yet that is evidence of their lack of character.

Do I have that right?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Ken Ham and a fellow xian on Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »
I really do think that people of this...Ms. Seely's sort actually think atheists are of another species entirely and have some way of showing physically how much they hate God or something.

Ironbite-only explanation.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 04:28:08 pm »
I'd be down there helping, but 1) I can't handle heat well 2) it's in my state, but it's still a substantial drive to get there and 3) I doubt there's much I could help with at this point.

I also lack any space in my house(technically my parents house) to house. I'm sure we'd let them stay at our church if we had one, but being atheists we don't. I'm an 18 year old, there's not much I can do, and I need whatever money I can get.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »
Well, see, I'd go too, but then I'd have to saw off my gorgeous atheist demon horns so I would not be lynched while trying to help out. And believe me, horns itch like crazy when growing back in ::).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »
Gibberish.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 07:14:11 pm »
What does this weirdo think atheists look like? What does this dork think anybody looks like?

What would these dinks think of Alice Cooper, that spooky 70's shock rocker with the morbid imagery? He's a devout Christian!

Do these folks think all Liberal/Atheist/Pagan/Democrat/Secular/Whatevers look like the "College Liberal" meme?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 12:02:25 am »
Of course, Mr. Ham is again ignoring the Bible he claims to treat so sacredly.  Cherry picking (or flat out ignorance, as I suspect) for the sake of ego.

Giving to the Needy

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%206&version=NIV
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 02:11:24 am »
I've run into MANY fundies who honestly claim to be able to tell non-Christians apart from Christians just by looking. With a single exception, they're always surprised to find out I'm not a Christian; the sole exception was when I confronted the Phelps family at a counterprotest against them.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 02:32:02 am »
We have seen some "secular" folks come in and help, but when it has come down to the nitty gritty, down and dirty clean up, feeding folks, housing them etc...these so called "peaceful atheists" are NO WHERE TO BE SEEN. That says a lot about the content of their character.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe its because atheists don't use charity as a way to promote their atheism?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 04:21:20 am »

Did you ever stop to think that maybe its because atheists don't use charity as a way to promote their atheism?

Not whoring out their beliefs?  Inconceivable!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 04:15:14 pm »
Fundies probably assume all these things:

* Christians all look like the Cleaver Family.
* Atheists all look like a cross between College Liberal & Marilyn Manson.
* Anyone who doesn't think like them is an atheist even if they happen to be theists & even *gasp* practicing, church-going, devout Christians!

Heck! I'm going to write a new thread about the weird, bizarro, alternate universe ways of fundies.