Author Topic: You all have probably seen this before, but....  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Stick Boy

• Aging Hipster
  • Apprentice
  • Government Grunt since 1989
You all have probably seen this before, but....
« on: July 17, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »
I read about this in a bathroom reader (don't judge me), googled it, and lo and behold, it's part of rapture ready...

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

Has this been discussed before?  I searched our forums and got nothing - this could be good for some lulz....
I want to be unique.....just like everybody else

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: You all have probably seen this before, but....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »
Oh, yeah. The crazies think they've found this formula that'll let them determine the date of Heathenkill Fapfest(TM) The Rapture based on what, to anyone else, would be a combination of normal sequences of events that their deluded minds are convinced have some greater meaning. I'd say this is odd because the Bible's rather clear about nobody being able to know when said Rapture will occur, but that would involve these people reading the Bible, and probably reading in general.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »
Oh, yeah. The crazies think they've found this formula that'll let them determine the date of Heathenkill Fapfest(TM) The Rapture based on what, to anyone else, would be a combination of normal sequences of events that their deluded minds are convinced have some greater meaning. I'd say this is odd because the Bible's rather clear about nobody being able to know when said Rapture will occur, but that would involve these people reading the Bible, and probably reading in general.

I can't remember where, but I thought I read somewhere that even Rapture Ready had rules concerning posting predictions for the rapture, because the Bible does say that nobody can know.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »

I can't remember where, but I thought I read somewhere that even Rapture Ready had rules concerning posting predictions for the rapture, because the Bible does say that nobody can know.

Doesn't that negate their entire existence? Because by expecting it, they're predicting it, and at one point on of their expectations would be correct, so they would know about it.

WAIT A SECOND.

By predicting it, and therefore knowing it, they're preventing the apocalypse because so long as someone knows, the apocalypse can't happen because no one can know!

oh god i'm tired someone smack me

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:05:36 pm »
Well, their idiocy has saved scores of angels from being torn to pieces by anti-aircraft guns, I'll say that much.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:41 pm »
Ah, the rapture index, always good for a good laugh.

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 04:15:36 am »
I read about this in a bathroom reader (don't judge me), googled it, and lo and behold, it's part of rapture ready...

Has this been discussed before?  I searched our forums and got nothing - this could be good for some lulz....
Which bathroom reader was it?

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:36:28 am »

Doesn't that negate their entire existence? Because by expecting it, they're predicting it, and at one point on of their expectations would be correct, so they would know about it.

WAIT A SECOND.

By predicting it, and therefore knowing it, they're preventing the apocalypse because so long as someone knows, the apocalypse can't happen because no one can know!

oh god i'm tired someone smack me

Just because you are predicting when something is going to happen doesn't mean you know it. You can guess when something is likely to happen and it happen at that time, but you didn't entirely know.

Still, that Rapture Index made me laugh.

Offline Stick Boy

• Aging Hipster
  • Apprentice
  • Government Grunt since 1989
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:30:48 pm »

Which bathroom reader was it?

Uncle John's #24 - I usually just open to a random page and read whatever article I open to.  This was about various "misery indexes" (indices?) that are available - it didn't list the website in the book, but it's the same one.
I want to be unique.....just like everybody else

Offline Atavist

• Pope
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »
Just because you are predicting when something is going to happen doesn't mean you know it. You can guess when something is likely to happen and it happen at that time, but you didn't entirely know.

Still, that Rapture Index made me laugh.
Predicting won't prevent their Rapture.
But given some of the more extreme members on RR, you know that there are a few who wake up and say, "This is the day it will happen."
Those are the ones preventing the Rapture. They go through their whole day waiting for what they are positive is going to happen. When they go to bed, not disappointed because they were wrong. Their last thougts are, "Not today, but tomorrow for sure."
As long as one member there is thinking this, and they have enough that you know there are more then just one. Then they are preventing the very thing they've devoted their life to.
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »
They're considering adding traffic jams and burnt toast to the list.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.