Author Topic: Strange, Unusual, Bizarre, and/or Just Plain Weird Websites  (Read 14312 times)

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Strange, Unusual, Bizarre, and/or Just Plain Weird Websites
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:49:36 am »
I wasn't sure where to place this thread, but I think this place is a good start.  What strange, unusual, bizarre, and/or just plain weird websites have you all encountered while on the web? 

I've encountered some, but I'll start with this website.  The site is only one un-scrollable page that does flash a bit, but I think it's still relatively safe if you happen to have a sensitivity to flashing lights.  The homepage is just as strange. There is no flashing on that page, but it's still strange nonetheless.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Strange, Unusual, Bizarre, and/or Just Plain Weird Websites
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »
Ah, the ancient primitive internet. Those look like early-mid nineties.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:52:47 pm »
Is this thread about websites that are weird in terms of their design or conetent, or both?  It's best to clear that up early because this thread could...no, will...get NSFW very quickly.  I'll see to that lol.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:25:31 pm »
For Sale By Mental Patient is quite bizarre

http://pages.total.net/~fishnet/

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 04:34:27 pm »
Is this thread about websites that are weird in terms of their design or conetent, or both?  It's best to clear that up early because this thread could...no, will...get NSFW very quickly.  I'll see to that lol.

I was thinking in terms of one or both in content or design. Like I did with warning people about the flash, if something is NSFW, please give us that warning.  I really wish you wouldn't, but I can't stop you. All I actually ask for is courtesy.

Here is another website.  Just to let you know in case you weren't sure about your computer functioning.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:58:06 pm by Kat S. »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »
[/quote

I was thinking in terms of one or both in content or design. Like I did with warning people about the flash, if something is NSFW, please give us that warning.  I really wish you wouldn't, but I can't stop you. All I actually ask for is courtesy.

Here is another website.  Just to let you know in case you weren't sure about your computer functioning.

Well when I said I'd see to it that it becomes NSFW very quickly I was only joking.  But there is a very real risk of people turning it NSFW: it's the internet, that's what happens.  I just thought the intent of the thread should be made clear incase you really really didn't want that to happen.

Edit:  Why does the site keep displaying things that aren't between ["quote"] ["/quote"] as quotes today?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:51:45 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 05:39:04 pm »
Well when I said I'd see to it that it becomes NSFW very quickly I was only joking.  But there is a very real risk of people turning it NSFW: it's the internet, that's what happens.  I just thought the intent of the thread should be made clear incase you really really didn't want that to happen.

Edit:  Why does the site keep displaying things that aren't between ["quote"] ["/quote"] as quotes today?

I understand.  The request wasn't really directed at you, but was meant for anyone who was reading this thread and wanted to post.  I know it's the internet, and things can quickly slide into NSFW territory.  I can't stop you from posting NSFW links.  I just ask you give the warning.

As for the quote blocks, I had to go back and re-edit my posts to straighten them out.

Also, sometimes it's red, sometimes it's blue. When you click on the link, which color does it show you?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:36:55 pm by Kat S. »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »

I understand.  The request wasn't really directed at you, but was meant for anyone who was reading this thread and wanted to post.  I can't stop you from posting NSFW links.  I just ask you give the warning.

As for the quote blocks, I had to go back and re-edit my posts to straighten them out.

Also, sometimes it's red, sometimes it's blue. When you click on the link, which color does it show you?

I'm not sure how to re-edit mine to sort them out as when I go to "modify" I can't see anything wrong.  Not a big deal, just a bit annoying.

And the site shows blue for me.  VERY blue, it's actually kind of painful to look at.

Edit: Now it's red...that's suprisingly annoying lol.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 05:45:40 pm »
This site is a life size blue whale.  You read that right.

http://www.wdcs.co.uk/media/flash/whalebanner/content_pub_en.html

You can scroll around by holding the left mouse button and moving your mouse, or you can use the picture in the corner to jump straight to a particular part.

Not sure if it counts as weird or just totally freakin' awesome.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:47:56 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 05:49:40 pm »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 06:45:17 pm »
Not so much weird as just sad the website for the cult that committed mass suicide Heavens Gate is still up.

http://www.heavensgate.com/

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »
Kitlers are adorable.

The Heaven's Gate site is still up because somebody is paying for it to stay up. Why anybody would pay for it to stay up is beyond me. Cults are just sad.

I recall seeing a site that was a literal maze of links and was quite the mind screw, but its name escapes me.

There's this weird site though. http://yooouuutuuube.com/

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 07:41:01 pm »
The Heaven's Gate site is still up because somebody is paying for it to stay up. Why anybody would pay for it to stay up is beyond me. Cults are just sad.

Potentially for the historical value of it?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 07:51:49 pm »
I heard that the only living person of the cult itself (there were two people who survived it, but one of them committed suicide soon after.) is still running the site.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 08:35:00 pm »
I'm...kinda worried that I'll end up on a slew of government watchlists if I try searching for it, but I've been to a site that tells you, in detail, how to cook human flesh.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.