Author Topic: Will I regret it?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline calshepN7

• Neonate
  • Calibrating...please wait.
Will I regret it?
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:43:09 pm »
It's time. I got my first tattoo, a celtic triquetra, about 1.5 years ago. Now I'm positively itching for new ink. I've been planning on getting a circle knot done around my triquetra (and will eventually sleeve out my left arm with celtic artwork). But that's not till my b-day in February. I want to go out of town and have the same artist who did my first do the circle knot. However...

There's a new artist in town. I've seen his work and I am impressed. Now I want to go down and get something 'small' to tide me over till Feb. What occurs to me is to get either the N7 symbol or Garrus' Archangel symbol (both from Mass effect) on my right arm. But I'm not sure. I'm a champion of meaningful tats, and while ME has been a large influence on my life (kinda kept me sane for a while when I was in self-destruct mode), I don't know if I'll still feel the same about it in 10 years. Well, part of me tells myself I will, but I know it's permanent and i want to be sure.

Here's the N7:

And here's the archangel (will be solid yellow, no blue background)

Neither will be bigger than say a business card. It would either be the upper part of my right arm (N7) or between my shoulder blades (Archangel). Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Telling an atheist to burn in Hell is like telling an adult that Santa's not bringing him any presents this year.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Will I regret it?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:38 pm »
If the games helped you through a tough time and have a lot of meaning to you, I don't see any reason to not go for it.  Yes, you may not be as in touch with the game years from now, but it made apparently made an impact on your life.  However, nobody can make that choice but you.

That said, if you do go through with it, I would personally go with Garrus' Archangel symbol, but it's your choice.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
Yeah, I'm a huge ME fan too...I think the Archangel is the better choice. It looks like a "real" cultural symbol, and remember, Garrus comes from a proud race with 20 thousand years of continuous civilization.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline calshepN7

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 02:16:00 pm »
Thanks. I'm rather indecisive and have irrational fears about others' opinions, methinks. Taking it to the forums is just a way for me to reassure myself or determine if my concerns are founded.

I'm leaning more towards Garrus as well, being as he's the embodiment of awesome. And I think he wouldn't be all waffle-y about getting a tat, so...  :P Archangel it is.
Telling an atheist to burn in Hell is like telling an adult that Santa's not bringing him any presents this year.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 02:22:47 pm »
Thanks. I'm rather indecisive and have irrational fears about others' opinions, methinks. Taking it to the forums is just a way for me to reassure myself or determine if my concerns are founded.

I'm leaning more towards Garrus as well, being as he's the embodiment of awesome. And I think he wouldn't be all waffle-y about getting a tat, so...  :P Archangel it is.

Hon, I'm planning to get the Grey Wardens' griffin when I can grow the spine, because Dragon Age helped keep me sane and I've made a good four or five friends from the fandom. Don't feel bad and go for it!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 02:45:32 pm »
I'll eventually be getting a Celtic insignia of my own.  It's all about Balance, after all...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline calshepN7

• Neonate
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 02:54:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

This is my triquetra, spoilered for size, btw. Just because I love it more all the time, but it seems lonely.   ;)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »
It's impossible to get only one tattoo.  I have three and am desperately wanting to scratch the itch for more.

I know for my next ink I'm going to be adding some ogham to my runes ink, but I'm thinking after that of putting the silhouette of a forest all the way around my wrist on the opposing arm which has my music note omega on it.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:40 pm »
I'd say just think back to something you loved a while back. Just ask yourself, would you be fine nowadays with a tattoo from whatever that thing is? If not, it's probably safe to assume you'll change your mind about a Mass Effect tattoo later on.

Otherwise, go nuts.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 05:44:53 pm »
I once has a circle knot done around my triquetra.  The doctor said I'd never be able to father a child.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.