Author Topic: Pat Robertson knows why the tornados happened  (Read 6673 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Pat Robertson knows why the tornados happened
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:43 pm »
We didn't pray hard enough

Pat Robertson has a theory for why tornadoes ripped through the Midwest last week: People didn't pray enough.

Right Wing Watch found a clip of the television evangelist making the claim during an episode of "The 700 Club."

"If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” Robertson said on the show.

So every time some bad weather happens, it's because we're not praying hard enough?

Ironbite-the...hell?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Pat Robertson knows why the tornados happened
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:52 pm »
I hope all Midwesterners who were affected by the tornado spree verbally bitch-slap this asshole.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »
Someone called this a couple days ago. In the chat I think. Not surprising really.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »
Yeah, not surprised.  I knew as soon as I saw the thread title what it was going to be about.  That's just Pat being Pat. 
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:13 pm »
*twitch, rant*

No, Pat.  These tornadoes wouldn't have stopped because a bunch of us got down on our knees and talked to ourselves hard enough.  You know what would have stopped them?

Okay, pay attention.  This is gonna blow your mind.

NOTHING WOULD HAVE STOPPED THEM!!!!!!

Tornadoes come quick, fuck shit up, then leave like a jackass after a one night stand in a BDSM club gone wrong!  Humans, as far as I know, can NOT stop them!  And since there's no proof that your power hungry, tantrum throwing god child exists, then odds are, as I stated before, prayer wouldn't have stopped them!

So, unless you're gonna rally your followers to, you know, help these people, then you need to go fade into obscurity where you belong!

*rant end, audio/video version available sometime soon*
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:32:16 pm »
I just remember today that I heard on the news that there was a family that were outside, in front of their house praying and they were right in the path of a tornado. Guess what happened. A neighbor made them come into his house (a large mobile home) for shelter. All but the neighbor died. See what prayer did?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »
I just remember today that I heard on the news that there was a family that were outside, in front of their house praying and they were right in the path of a tornado. Guess what happened. A neighbor made them come into his house (a large mobile home) for shelter. All but the neighbor died. See what prayer did?

It sent them to heaven faster. /fundie
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:42 pm »

It sent them to heaven faster. /fundie

The fact that some people actually believe this scares me.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

I read something similar, with a famliy spent their time "praying", refused help from a neighbor, and now they're all dead except for the neighbor.The couple's one kid survived a few days, but was removed from life support due the extensive head injuries

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:07 am »
You mean it isn't because Pat's a douchebag? [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, tornadoes tend to laugh in the face of prayers (or roar, as the case may be). I think Pat's just trying to say "AHMA STILL RELEVANT, DAMNIT!!1!" in his own sad, pathetic way.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:07 am »

A mobile home?  That's so fucking unsafe for a tornado shelter.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:32:54 am »
I've often wondered why it's not legally required for trailer parks and other places that lack underground structures to have storm shelters, particularly in regions with high tornado activity.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:42 am »
Because people who live in trailer parks are trash? *sarcasm detector may overload from readings*
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 03:02:56 am »
I've often wondered why it's not legally required for trailer parks and other places that lack underground structures to have storm shelters, particularly in regions with high tornado activity.
GUBMINT REGYOULASHUN!!!1!!!!1!!!!!11!!1!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 04:41:55 am »
Didn't pray enough or didn't donate enough, Marion? The day you are reunited with Falwell in the dirt can't come soon enough.