Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025288 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10635 on: December 21, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »
Did you know that yesterday Sean Hannity tweeted some poll to show that Hillary Clinton is doing really badly in popularity polls?

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/943535605501382657

...No one on Earth wants Hillary to be POTUS as badly as the Fox employees. They just can't cope without her.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10636 on: December 22, 2017, 08:43:32 am »
Nobody tell them that Hillary didn't win.  Nobody.

Ironbite-cause this is hilarious.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10637 on: December 22, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »
Nobody tell them that Hillary didn't win.  Nobody.

Ironbite-cause this is hilarious.

They spent so much time developing talking points to attack President Hillary Clinton that they're flailing about helpless now. I think Hannity even said "President Clinton" on air once... and he wasn't talking about events of two decades ago.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #10638 on: December 26, 2017, 12:24:26 pm »
Annoy isn't the right word, but here we go...

I was talking about race issues with some coworkers.  We work at a public high school in Indianapolis, but our program draws students from 10 other nearby schools, most of which are suburban or rural.  It doesn't seem to have been been much of a problem at our school - the student body is pretty diverse (38% Black, 37% White, 19% Hispanic) - but minority students from the other, Whiter schools have complained about increasing open racial hostility since Trump was elected.  One of the people in the conversation, an older, Trump-supporting woman, said the following:

"I always try to be color blind, and I just can't believe how bad race issues are out here.  I grew up in New Jersey, and there were a ton of different races there, and everybody just got along except for the Jews, because they were just so high and mighty and thought that they were so much better than everybody else.  But racism cuts both ways.  I used to love Oprah until I found out how racist she was, and I've heard that the Obamas are really anti-white too [Makes eye contact with me and realizes that she is about to have to defend that statement].  I don't really have anything to base it on, and I've never seen any evidence that it's true, but I've heard it somewhere."

It's cool that she can see the Jews through her colorblind glasses.  I also wonder what other major social issues that she is proud to be blind to.  Finally, in retrospect, I wish that I had asserted that Trump drowns kittens for fun, since simply hearing something apparently exceeds her required burden of proof for believing defamatory statements.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10639 on: December 26, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
My AV was giving me contradictory statements about whether it was really working, and eventually I had to reboot. Urgh.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10640 on: December 26, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »
I would've said several things I'd heard about the Trump Supporting woman - such as hearing she fucks horses and grinds up puppies to eat, and if pressed for how I know this, I'd say "I don't have any proof or evidence for this, it is just something I heard you do."

Maybe work in a take that at pizzagate such as alleging she eats pizza made of human flesh or something.

Edit: And my stepdad is being as usual a useless drunk fat idiot.

He just sits around getting even fatter every day - honestly I hope I never marry with "my heart". Marrying with your wallet is marrying with your brain.

I'd shack up with Ivanka if it meant I could live the high life.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:12:28 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10641 on: January 01, 2018, 01:34:42 pm »
People are idiots.

Including some of my friends.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10642 on: January 07, 2018, 04:32:19 pm »
How much mucus can one body produce?  I swear, I've expectorated half my body weight in snot in the past week.  A cold is a GREAT way to spend one's first week as an engaged person.  Aaaaaand fiancee is sick, too, because much like old Christmas lights going out, if one gets sick, everyone gets sick.  Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10643 on: January 07, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »
.....but I'm not sleeping with either of you so how'd you get my cold?

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #10644 on: January 08, 2018, 07:14:49 am »
People are idiots.

Including some of my friends.

Yeah, right?
My neighbour yesterday:
"People can't just get smarter and smarter or one day everybody is a professor and there are no more workers. So the government has an interest in keeping people dumb."

I just managed to hold my tongue and not say: "Then I suppose they started with you."
just your regular ape

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10645 on: January 08, 2018, 08:54:53 pm »
.....but I'm not sleeping with either of you so how'd you get my cold?

I dunno, did you shit in my mailbox or something?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10646 on: January 09, 2018, 03:13:38 pm »
Not that I'm aware of.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10647 on: January 09, 2018, 05:14:03 pm »
Well, I've heard of sleepwalking getting pretty wild.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10648 on: January 09, 2018, 05:45:39 pm »
Hmm...'bite, you done any Ambien recently?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10649 on: January 09, 2018, 06:34:38 pm »
No.  Hardest drug I've taken was Nyquil.