Author Topic: Bioware founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka leave the company.  (Read 2098 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Bioware founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka leave the company.
« on: September 18, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »
Muzyka apparently told EA about his decision back in April 2012, and allowed the company six months to set up a proper transition.

"I now desire to take on a brand new entrepreneurial challenge," said Muzyka. "I believe strongly in the power of free enterprise to enable sustainable change, so my next ‘chapter’ will likely focus on an entirely new industry, something exciting, different and frankly downright scary – investing in and mentoring new entrepreneurs, and more specifically, the field of social/impact investing."

Zeschuk's letter was much more somber, and sounded akin to a man defeated by his work load.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/greg-zeschuk-ray-muzyka-are-leaving-bioware/4373/

Well this is certainly sad news.  Well where ever that next chapter leads them, I say good luck and you will be missed!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Bioware founders Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka leave the company.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 05:55:43 pm »
Well can't blame them as EA is a sinking ship

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 11:57:47 pm »
Watching the company you created get taken over and have it's integrity destroyed by a soulless media corporation would probably make me leave, too.

Fuck EA.

(click to show/hide)

I wonder if Obsidian is hiring...

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:57:01 am »
...And my hopes of a good Jade Empire sequel dwindle even more. :-/

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:22:18 am »
(click to show/hide)

I love how Origin is the top of that list.  Likely the first company they ever fucked, and still their greatest, most unforgivable act of unmitigated corporate evil.

Origin didn't make Ascension, EA did.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »
It's actually interesting that Maxis is on that list considering it's history.  In the 90s, Maxis was it's own independent company that created Simcity to great commercial success.  However, afterwards, quite a few of their games like The Crystal Skull and Simcopter were failures to turn a profit which put them in the red and they were then acquisitioned by EA.  Which allowed them to complete Simcity3000 and their "Make It or Brake It" title, The Sims which was a huge success.

Without EA's backing it's a great possiblity that The Sims would have never came into being and Maxis would have likely disintergrated.