Author Topic: Israeli fans walk out after their own (Muslim)player scores  (Read 2003 times)

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
Israeli fans walk out after their own (Muslim)player scores
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:47:00 pm »
I debated with myself if I should post this on the other racism thread but thought this should be seen on it's own.

Israeli soccer fans in Jerusalem say that it wasn't racism that made them walk out when one of their own players scored a goal over the weekend, but that it was "just a matter of being Arab" and they want to keep the team "pure."

A group of hardcore fans -- known as "La Familia" -- have recently expressed outraged after the Beitar Jerusalem team signed two Chechen Muslim players, Zaur Sadayev and Dzhabrail Kadiyev. Members of "La Familia" were seen last month flying a banner that said, "Beitar is pure, forever." And more recently, two members were arrested for starting fires outside the management offices of Beitar Jerusalem.

On Sunday, the tension boiled over when Sadayev scored his first-ever goal for the club.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/racist-israeli-soccer-fans-walk-out-after

Repeatidly the fans who walked out say it wasn't racism... they just don't like having players of another race.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Israeli fans walk out after their own (Muslim)player scores
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:34 pm »
Wow.....

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:47 pm »
"I'm not racist but", exhibit #8091230984091283
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:51 pm »
Not overly surprising, really: Beitar Jerusalem's fans, and La Familia in particular, were quite proud of the fact that the team was the only one in the Israeli Premier League never to have had an Arab player. The supporters are Orthodox Jews, and tend to be among the crazier of the Orthodox Jews. The team's often been sanctioned for their fans' actions and La Familia in particular chants anti-Arab and anti-Muslim slogans.

Also, when the two players were signed, the team's offices were torched not long after.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:53 pm »
If you have to qualify with "It's not racist" then most likely, yes, it is fucking racist.  Wow...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:05:49 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
Arseholes.

Also, the goal was offside.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 09:13:31 pm »
"I'm not gonna say it's racism, but it's racism."

The people who are doing this shit flunked history, didn't they? I suppose they forgot the golden rule AND the whole "judge not lest ye be judged" bit as well...

Okay, I don't drink booze, but suddenly, I want the strongest whiskey I can find. Seeing that kind of hypocrisy in those actions makes me HURT.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
Nice to see the Israelis learned a lot from their history with the Nazis.

Sad to see they just learned all the wrong things.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »
It's pathetic, the only good thing I can hope will come out of it is that these twats fuck off and leave the club to the supporters who are there to enjoy themselves and support the team.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »
I really hope Israel doesn't keep doing this.  It only leads to bad blood on both sides.    :'(
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 09:55:36 pm »
it was "just a matter of being Arab" and they want to keep the team "pure."
Racist, islamophobic and to top it off also ignorant. According to the article the two muslim players are Chechens, not Arabs.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »
It's just another black mark in Israel's record. The fact that they say it's not racist just proves that they are very much prejudiced against Muslims.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 10:17:41 pm »
Eh, look at it this way. At least these twats are expending all their energy on something completely trivial like sports.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 11:30:45 pm »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:43 am »
I've heard about the racism surrounding the Beitar Jerusalem team.

Personally, I think someone needs get a good swift kick in the nuts from a professional soccer player.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!