Author Topic: Shark-wrestling hero  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Shark-wrestling hero
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:46:18 am »
This just in! (Actually it happened in January but I only heard about it today...)

http://www.inquisitr.com/489644/welsh-man-wrestles-shark-to-protect-children-on-the-beach-video/

60 years old Welsh man was on vacation in Australia (the land where everything wants to kill you) and was on a beach when he heard the call of heroism. Someone saw a shark in the shallow water heading towards some kids, possibly planning to eat them. The hero of this story decided that this would not happen on his watch and proceeded to confront the shark in its own element, the sea. After a brief wrestling match the old man was victorious and the shark was only interested in running away like the coward it was. (Really? You can't beat one old Welshman? You better hope that none of your shark buddies heard about this.)

Also in the news:
Although Australian coastguards do not recommend wrestling with sharks, they admit that Marshallsea’s actions could have saved lives.

Australian coastguards are pussies who are against shark-wrestling.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Shark-wrestling hero
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:52:21 am »
There should be some kind of shark-wrestling exam for coastguards. Or at least a bad-ass test. This is perhaps even in lieu of the current, rigorous, Bogan examination.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:22:10 pm »
Yeah he lost his job for that.

Ironbite-old news is old.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:54:10 pm »
In respect to my mother I would not do this.  "Son," she said (she had a problem with names), "never wrestle a shark."
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:12 pm »
And here I thought that shark wrestling was an official sport in Australia. You know, sort of an off-shot of crocodile wrestling.