Author Topic: Shooting spree in DC  (Read 10407 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Shooting spree in DC
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:01 pm »
It appears that up to four gunmen lit up a Navy Yard in Washington, DC this morning. People have been reported dead and wounded, including two of the gunmen. The other two gunmen are believed to have escaped, though their existence does not seem to have been confirmed.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes for this to turn into a gun issue?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Shooting spree in DC
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:25:57 pm »
It turned into a gun issue before it even happened. So, were these men Navy, survivalists fundies or anarchist fundies, or religious fundies?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:17 pm »
I'm gonna bet conspiritard paulbot fundies.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:09:44 pm »
One of each.

Seriously, I'm guessing that at least one if not all of the gunmen were Navy or Marines.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:14 pm »
When you have four people do a coordinated attack of a navy base, I don't think we're in the territory of survivalists fundies or such. I'm betting it's something more organized than a few guys who decided to go kill people for shits and giggles. I think there's a reasonable chance we're looking at a "proper" terrorist organization, not a couple neo-nazis in their basement terrorists.

Maybe it's Al Quada getting pissed because we took away their chance to get their hands on chemical weapons in the Syrian civil war?

What reason would the other groups mentioned have for doing this?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:45 pm »
But u guiz. If we just gave everyone a gun at birth, we wouldn't ever have shootings! Learn to science, people!

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 04:24:59 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was just some lunatic with a gun.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 04:31:05 pm »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was just some lunatic with a gun.

Four lunatics, and they went after a naval base.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »
Not just any naval base mind.  The Navy Yard.

Ironbite-smacks of a terrorist organization

Offline SkyTrekTower

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:15 pm »
I never heard that the police thought there were four attackers, just three.  The police have now cleared one of them, leaving just one more possible attacker aside from the dead one.  As of right now, I'm tossing this up as being a lone wolf, with additional reports of attackers being attributed to the chaos of the event as happens often. 

As for motive, it could be a workplace grievance, terrorism, or someone being ill.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 05:43:51 pm »
Multiple people attacked a Naval base. This isn't a gun issue, I think this is something much more complicated than something so simplistic. Besides which, we're still figuring out what happened. Let's not jump to conclusions before we have all the facts.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:52:47 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 05:58:54 pm »
I predict that the teabaggers will claim Obama ordered the Navy to stage this a false flag operation so he can TAEK R GUNNZ.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »
inb4 conspiritards claim it's a hoax
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »
I predict that the teabaggers will claim Obama ordered the Navy to stage this a false flag operation so he can TAEK R GUNNZ.
Too late.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »

Well, the tea party nuts said the same thing about the Ford Hood shooting.

Interestingly, the people at NewsBusters are attacking a CNN anchor for saying that she couldn't remember the last shooting at a military facility. Which, okay, is quite stupid. But I don't remember them attacking right-wing bloggers for saying that they couldn't think of any terrorist attack that happened under Bush in the aftermath of the Boston bombings.