Author Topic: Holy Water Harmful to Health?  (Read 7968 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Holy Water Harmful to Health?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 07:21:50 pm »
My inner imp would love to sneak a few tadpoles into that basin. I'm going to RC hell, I know I know.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 09:38:20 pm »
Aww, don't be mean to tadpoles like that...

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 12:48:52 am »
I thought holy water would be safe due to the way they prepare it.

They boil the Hell out of it!

(Crickets chirp)

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 01:32:50 am »
(When crickets chirp...they are laughing). I lol'ed :P
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »
I remember watching the priest drink holy water during my grandpa's funeral, and thinking how many kid hands had just been in that water.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:11 pm »
Maybe he dosed it with vodka first? Funerals can be stressful to conduct sometimes.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 04:35:44 pm »
The priest drank holy water?  Kid-handed holy water?

*Pukes*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 06:55:52 pm »
A few years ago, my wife and I were vacationing in Rome and we went to the Vatican just to go there and see it.  When we went into Saint Peters Cathedral, we noticed people going over to a basin mounted about 5-1/2 feet up on the wall, reaching up and dipping their hand into, and crossing themselves.  Some were even putting it on their baby's foreheads.  My wife went over so I could take a photo of her beside it and after I took it, she looked into the basin and a look of horror came over her face.  So I went over a looked in and it was filthy.  There was a visible layer of scum on it from where people with hand creams and lotions had been dipping there hands into it.  There was a slight ring of crud around the basin at water level.  It did not look healthy at all.   This is what I thought of as soon as I saw the title of this thread.

I'm guessing they didn't change it a lot.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
The priest drank holy water?  Kid-handed holy water?

*Pukes*
Yup. And my family has a ton of kids...
Maybe he dosed it with vodka first? Funerals can be stressful to conduct sometimes.
I hope so. xD

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 11:48:41 pm »
A few years ago, my wife and I were vacationing in Rome and we went to the Vatican just to go there and see it.  When we went into Saint Peters Cathedral, we noticed people going over to a basin mounted about 5-1/2 feet up on the wall, reaching up and dipping their hand into, and crossing themselves.  Some were even putting it on their baby's foreheads.  My wife went over so I could take a photo of her beside it and after I took it, she looked into the basin and a look of horror came over her face.  So I went over a looked in and it was filthy.  There was a visible layer of scum on it from where people with hand creams and lotions had been dipping there hands into it.  There was a slight ring of crud around the basin at water level.  It did not look healthy at all.   This is what I thought of as soon as I saw the title of this thread.

I'm guessing they didn't change it a lot.

I'm guessing you're right.   But as many people that dip their dirty hands in it on a daily basis, it probably doesn't take too long to get that dirty, either.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 01:44:16 am »
You'd think holy water ought to be clean, seeing how no religion that uses the concept would want their system to be associated with touching filthy substances.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:09 am »
You'd think holy water ought to be clean, seeing how no religion that uses the concept would want their system to be associated with touching filthy substances.

Laziness trumps cleanliness apparently.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Raymond Dullaghy

• Apprentice
  • God before dogma!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 08:47:38 am »
I've heard of a similar issue with the Ganges River. Despite all the illnesses that people contract for bathing in it, many strict Hindus insist that the river remains pure. I think I can safely say it's affected more people than dirty "holy" water, considering India's vastly greater population and near-constant access.
I'm in science to discover and analyze God's wonderful universe, not gripe about how people don't like God.  I believe the creation/evolution debate is a waste of Christian brains (we have them, believe it or not) that could be better spent on making actual things.

Favorite philosophers (out of the ones I've personally read): Jesus, Solomon, Marcus Aurelius, Immanuel Kant

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:36 am »
The difference is that problem is hard to fix since it has to be the Ganges the holy water at least in Europe and NA can be fixed by just changing the water daily.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 11:15:32 am »
Maybe Pope Francis will issue a Papal Bull on the use of Blessed Chlorine? That would be a sincere reform, at least.