Author Topic: Is Vox Day Serious?  (Read 4387 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Is Vox Day Serious?
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:03:15 pm »
Here's his latest.  For the most part, it's just homophobic drivel disguised as science, but then he gives us the following:

UPDATE: This objection on Twitter made me laugh. Critics, it might help to keep in mind you're dealing with a superintelligence before you say something stupid, all right? I'm smarter than you are. Just assume that even if you don't believe it; it may save you some embarrassment. That doesn't mean I'm always right, it just means that you're probably wrong.

Now I know he believes a lot of the shit he spews, but this is just insane.  I mean cartoon super villain insane. 

First of all, most super intelligent people don't feel the need the remind everyone how smart they are.

Second of all, he says this after making up some shit about "sin models".  SIN MODELS.  The whole idea of sin is just so absurd that I can't see how any intelligent person can believe in it.  That's not to say that religious people can't be intelligent, but the smarts ones are not fundies and the stuff Vox Day says, no matter how much he tries to disguise it as pseudo science, is clearly in the fundie realm of religion. 

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Is Vox Day Serious?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:05:20 pm »
Vox is what TV Tropes would call a "Know-Nothing Know-it-All".

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:12:50 pm »
Dunning-Kruger.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:06:18 pm »
Ironbite-Cybertron.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »
Here's his latest.  For the most part, it's just homophobic drivel disguised as science, but then he gives us the following:

UPDATE: This objection on Twitter made me laugh. Critics, it might help to keep in mind you're dealing with a superintelligence before you say something stupid, all right? I'm smarter than you are. Just assume that even if you don't believe it; it may save you some embarrassment. That doesn't mean I'm always right, it just means that you're probably wrong.

Now I know he believes a lot of the shit he spews, but this is just insane.  I mean cartoon super villain insane. 

First of all, most super intelligent people don't feel the need the remind everyone how smart they are.

Second of all, he says this after making up some shit about "sin models".  SIN MODELS.  The whole idea of sin is just so absurd that I can't see how any intelligent person can believe in it.  That's not to say that religious people can't be intelligent, but the smarts ones are not fundies and the stuff Vox Day says, no matter how much he tries to disguise it as pseudo science, is clearly in the fundie realm of religion.

In lieu of actual tangible, measurable accomplishments beyond credits on some albums nobody listened to, some shareware video games nobody played, an abomination of a computer mouse that nobody uses, and some turgid publications that almost nobody read, Ted Beale has based his entire identity around being some sort of hyperconservative, hyperreligious intellectual snob elite.  So he HAS to remind everyone of his MENSA-level intellect at every opportunity; he doesn't really have anything else going for him.  Fortunately, his handful of devoted fans and the few people who take him seriously eat it up.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:06:01 am by tempus »
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 08:54:34 pm »
Vox is what TV Tropes would call a "Know-Nothing Know-it-All".

Also a Smug Snake with a Small Name Big Ego. 

It seems like he does have some accomplishments (to his credit), but that doesn't make him the expert he thinks he is. 

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 12:30:52 am »
To sum up:

Quote from: Vox Day (translated)
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 01:04:26 am »
From the Know nothing know it all article on TV Tropes.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."
—Romans 1:22

Someone should throw that back at him.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:36 am »
To sum up:

Quote from: Vox Day (translated)

Hey! don't be rude! Ron Burgundy is far more erudite, polite, and competent than Vox Day.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 01:31:42 am »
He always reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoon with Bugs Bunny and Wylie-Coyote.

"Good Morning, My name is Wylie Coyote - Super Genius"

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 06:54:29 pm »
From what I have viewed, Vox Day appears to be using the Ad Hominem fallacy argument indirectly by telling everyone he is smarter than anyone else arguing against him.  He reasons that since he is smarter than his detractors and nay sayers, his arguments are right and his debaters are wrong.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:21 pm »
He's so smart that he cannot be comprehended by us humans. Or something.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:55 pm »
He's so smart that he cannot be comprehended by us humans. Or something.

I think he's so smart he's curved all the way around and become a dumbass.

Or maybe he's just a dumbass.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 08:01:45 pm »
It's more like he's so dumb that he thinks he's a genius.

I dunno, how many actual geniuses have become arrogant in their genius?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:15 pm »
I'm amazed a MENSA member can be so stupid. I think his dad bribed the MENSA folks.

I'm also amazed he was in a Techno group that was into themes of Transhumanism & other weird funky stuff you wouldn't expect a frummie to be into. Too bad there's not a lot of info on that. The group's called Psykosonik. I'd imagine his the fellow members handed him the ol' "Pink Slip".

I'll bet he was always a frummie, though. He get's the stupid from his dad.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:23:07 pm by SpukiKitty »