Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025312 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1365 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:32 pm »
My Chinese teacher. She is a horrible communicator, but always blames her mistakes on her students. Once she sprang a test on us even though she gave us absolutely no notification beforehand. The entire class called her out on this, and she just dismissed our objections and said that the entire class must have not been listening because we're bad students and we're secretly racists who hate her and want to make her miserable.
If it was early enough, I'd drop the course right then and there. Fuck that shit.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1366 on: June 05, 2012, 11:29:11 pm »
Quote from: Hades
There is no escape.

*Sings* Thank you for coming to Loewes! / There is no escape! / Drink your urine / And sleep underneath your seat!

Obscure reference out of left field.  Those are annoying. ;)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1367 on: June 05, 2012, 11:52:09 pm »
When I go to inhale deeply to hold my breath so I can get rid of my hiccups, and I hiccup during that inhalation. So much rage.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1368 on: June 06, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
When I go to inhale deeply to hold my breath so I can get rid of my hiccups, and I hiccup during that inhalation. So much rage.

Best cure I know of for the hiccups is to eat a spoonful of sugar and swallow it as fast as you can without letting it linger in your mouth. That always worked for me.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1369 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:14 am »

Best cure I know of for the hiccups is to eat a spoonful of sugar and swallow it as fast as you can without letting it linger in your mouth. That always worked for me.

That sounds super icky.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1370 on: June 06, 2012, 12:46:32 am »

That sounds super icky.

I know it sounds silly but it has been foolproof for me since I learned about it in fourth grade (so since 13-14 years ago).

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1371 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:57 am »
You can also try pinching the bridge of your nose.  There's a nerve there that's supposed to be sympathetic to the vagus nerve which I believe is the one that gets all jumpy when you get hiccups.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1372 on: June 06, 2012, 01:01:40 am »
Feeling like shit, because I still live with my mom, and the negative stereotypes that go along with adult children still living at home.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1373 on: June 06, 2012, 03:21:38 am »
Why is it sour cream around here that isn't "lite" only comes in those mini milk cartons? Whichever genius decided that, despite the greatly increased viscosity of sour cream relative to milk, this particular storage medium is a good idea should shot.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1374 on: June 06, 2012, 04:47:25 pm »
Must be some kooky Aussie thing because here, lite sour cream comes in sour cream tubs.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1375 on: June 06, 2012, 05:04:57 pm »
Must be some kooky Aussie thing because here, lite sour cream comes in sour cream tubs.
That's the point. It's the normal stuff that comes in those stupid cartons. I don't care if it makes me a fatty boombah, I refuse to buy "lite" anything.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1376 on: June 06, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »
"Lite" on fat, "lite" on calories, "lite" on taste.
Sour cream here that I've seen comes in tubs both lite and regular.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1377 on: June 06, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »
It's just that one supermarket that seems to only sell normal sour cream in cartons. Funnily enough, it's also the only grocery store within walking distance of my house, so I'm bloody well stuck with the bastards.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1378 on: June 06, 2012, 05:42:14 pm »

Holding my breath while sipping water usually does the trick, unless it's an aggressive case.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1379 on: June 06, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »
I like sour cream that comes in those itty little kinda carton kinda bag things that you get from like Wendy's and stuff.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!