Author Topic: Hawaii owning birthers  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Hawaii owning birthers
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/ken_bennett_birther_hawaii_arizona_emails.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

This may be one of the greatest things public officials have ever done.
Sure, Ken Bennett says he’s the man in charge of deciding whether President Obama is eligible to be on Arizona’s ballot in November, but the response from people in Hawaii’s government has been: Prove it. In essence, they’re giving Bennett a taste of his own medicine, making him jump through a series of hoops to prove he has the legal authority to investigate the matter, much the same way the birthers have made Hawaii prove time and time again that the president is indeed a natural born citizen of the United States.

Hawaii officials have plenty of reasons to push back. Birtherism is a conspiracy theory fueled by a fringe group of writers and activists unwilling to believe Obama is a natural born citizen and therefore eligible for the presidency no matter how much evidence they get.

The effect is that Hawaii has been overloaded for years with requests for verification of the president’s birth certificate, getting as many as 50 new requests a month. Hawaii officials have passed laws and filed sworn affidavits to deal with the matter. The White House has even gone as far as to release a copy of the president’s long-form birth certificate to the public. Yet requests like Bennett’s still keep coming.
The email exchanges themselves are in the link, and they are quite entertaining. I do love watching trolls get trolled.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Hawaii owning birthers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
Christ. This birther crap is becoming pathetic.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Saturn500

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:01:00 pm »
Why is this still an issue?

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:19:35 pm »

It’s not. There are just a lot of pathetic individuals that think it is.
-A Pen Name

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56:04 pm »

Off-topic: I didn't even get to read the article when I spotted this:

It's advertising the-end.com. I put my hazardous environment suit on and checked it out. It's a guy giving away an end-times prophecy book and spouting bullshit. It might be a good source for main page material. I'll check when I'm not tired and can sift through it more thoroughly.

Apparently you can get his book for free. I might found a source of materials for making hollowed out books. I got a sizable market for them with all the kids at my school needing places to hide their stash. ;D
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 11:36:08 pm »

Because people are racist little shits.

Off-topic: I didn't even get to read the article when I spotted this:

It's advertising the-end.com. I put my hazardous environment suit on and checked it out. It's a guy giving away an end-times prophecy book and spouting bullshit. It might be a good source for main page material. I'll check when I'm not tired and can sift through it more thoroughly.

Apparently you can get his book for free. I might found a source of materials for making hollowed out books. I got a sizable market for them with all the kids at my school needing places to hide their stash. ;D

A hollowed-out book would be a great place to store chocolate. Or condoms. I don't suppose I could request one? XD

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »
Do they come with a free .44 Magnum revolver?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57:00 pm »
I'm amazed that there are still so MANY people who are birthers.

On topic, that's awesome that Hawaii is able to dish out some of their own medicine.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 12:32:19 am »
I'm amazed that there are still so MANY people who are birthers.

On topic, that's awesome that Hawaii is able to dish out some of their own medicine.
Not to mention Hawaii supplies medicine (better health plan)  i think the reason birthers exist is partially racism and partly nah all racism

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 01:07:07 am »
Oh wow that's hilarious.  One state is actually tell another state to go piss off.

Ironbite-good for you hawaii.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »
They should totally troll him and determine that he's not a natural-born citizen, and has no standing.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline MrsYoungie

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 07:38:12 pm »
I'm a confused Canadian here.   Mitt Romney's father, George, ran for President a few decades ago.  But he was born in Mexico.  Why was that not an issue back then?
And why aren't people asking for Mitt's birth certificate - since he father was a furrinner who ran illegally for President!  Maybe shadyness runs in the family?
Seriously though - how come George was able to run for President?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 07:41:35 pm »
John McCain was born on a military base, but I'm not sure if that counts as U.S. citizenship or not when it comes to running for President.

I can't believe that my dad actually takes this stuff seriously.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 08:50:04 pm »
Yes, military bases count as being born in the US.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 12:40:02 am »
If they didn't, I...

...would still be a US Citizen due to at least one of my parents being a US Citizen.  Which would be both of them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet