Author Topic: Sen McCain rips Bachmann a new one  (Read 3728 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Sen McCain rips Bachmann a new one
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:55:56 am »
Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., is facing a public firestorm over her accusations that the Muslim Brotherhood is infiltrating the federal government and working for "America's demise."

Her attacks, including one directed at Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, prompted Arizona Sen. John McCain, the 2008 Republican nominee for president, to denounce her Wednesday from the Senate floor.

He defended Abedin and called Bachmann's comments "specious and degrading."

The State Department also weighed in, saying Bachmann's remarks were "vicious and disgusting lies."

Bachmann's public campaign against Islamic influence in American life has been building for weeks, starting with a series of letters to oversight agencies at five federal departments. In them, she requested formal investigations into what she says are "influence operations" by the Brotherhood, an Islamic political organization.

Abedin, a Muslim of Indian and Pakistani heritage, is married to former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., who is Jewish.

Bachmann, a third-term GOP congresswoman, has been challenged to produce specific evidence for her claims. Meanwhile, she's being accused by some of launching a McCarthy-style witch hunt against Muslim Americans.

Despite the backlash, she doubled down on her efforts Wednesday, alleging the Obama administration "appeases our enemies instead of telling the truth about the threats our country faces."

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2018719349_bachmann19.html?prmid=head_main

Nothing like digging yourself a hole that you won't ever be able to get out of.  Keep digging Bachmann and keep making an ass out of yourself! lol
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Re: Sen McCain rips Bachmann a new one
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »
We need more Republicans like McCain on issues like these.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Distind

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 01:26:58 pm »
McCarthyism is much more catchy than Bachmanism.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »
Can we vote her out of office already?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:05 pm »
Now I remember why I voted for him.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »
Dude....let it go.

Ironbite-when's her term up again?

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 06:25:06 pm »
Still a dick, but not the biggest dick of all.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »
We need more Republicans like McCain on issues like these.

Too bad McCain can't be like this all the time, since he likes to engage in brain dead Republican bs like the rest of them.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:29:17 pm »
McCarthyism is much more catchy than Bachmanism.

Besides, Bachmanism is one letter away from sounding like it has to do with a Bacchanal, and I want to keep her out of that.
-A Pen Name

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:35:30 pm »
Michelle Bukkakman won't rest until she hunts down all dem dar gay muslins!
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 07:45:12 am »
As Jay Leno said last night, "When the guy that chose Sarah Palin as his running mate calls you crazy, you are crazy."
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:52:50 am »
Bachmann, even the saner republicans think that you're a crazy bitch.  Please, drop out of politics.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »
This is the kind of thing that seriously makes me wonder why McCain chose Palin as his running mate. I was completely undecided up until that point, and this is why. He seems like one of the few level headed R's left in DC, who'd probably get on his party's case more if he didn't think it would end his career.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Distind

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:07:59 pm »
This is the kind of thing that seriously makes me wonder why McCain chose Palin as his running mate. I was completely undecided up until that point, and this is why. He seems like one of the few level headed R's left in DC, who'd probably get on his party's case more if he didn't think it would end his career.

I figure the GOP went, "OK, we have a moderate that sane people will agree with. Now we need someone who will appeal to our base." And thus the worst decision since Quayle was made.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 02:59:18 pm »

I figure the GOP went, "OK, we have a moderate that sane people will agree with. Now we need someone who will appeal to our base." And thus the worst decision since Quayle was made.

He also wanted a woman because he hoped to pick up dissatisfied Hillary supporters and the gender gap was too wide for him to have a chance as things were at the time.  The other criteria that his campaign was looking for was somebody young, vigorous, and charismatic to offset Obama's advantage with those characteristics.

Of course, it was hard enough to find a charismatic, young, female Republican to begin with.  Then finding one who could appeal to the base, (which basically meant pro-life) was virtually impossible.  Once they found her, they failed to properly vet her, so they really didn't know what they were getting to.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."