Author Topic: My Little Fundy: Friendship is HERESY!  (Read 20580 times)

Offline Educated Stupid

• Neonate
My Little Fundy: Friendship is HERESY!
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »
I was wondering: how are the Fundamentalists taking this whole MLP:FiM craze? Are they condemning it as witchcraft as usual, or have they somehow gained a few nerve cells?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: My Little Fundy: Friendship is HERESY!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 01:59:02 pm »
I'm afraid to find out.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline affirmedatheist

• Neonate
    • Writings of an Affirmed Atheist (my blog)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »
They haven't discovered it yet it'd seem.

There's a lot they could whinge about:

- The Princesses who are pretty much gods in that universe
- The whole magic thing of course
- I could potentially see some really crazy fundie go after "Pinkie Sense" as being akin to "psychic", and therefore of the devil
- No Christmas in Equestria! Pagans!!!!111 War on Christmas etc.
- No Easter Either (see above)
- No jesus, therefore of the devil

And probably eleventy billion other things I think are completely inconsequential but to a fundie indicate that MLP:FiM is a secret encoded message delivered by Satan to deceive mankind.

Now I have to take a break from this thread. Thinking like a fundie for even a few minutes hurts my brain and probably killed a few brain cells.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »
There's some video of some obscure Christian lady talking about it.  I'm too lazy to go find it, but you can likely find it on YouTube.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:41:03 am »
From http://www.cuttingedge.org/ce1021.html:

My Little Pony
Everyone loves horses, but these are not your everyday horses. These horses can levitate, or fly through the air. Most people do not realize when they see someone or something flying through the air that this phenomenon is pure Satanism. Further, many of these horses are Unicorns. In fact, this TV cartoon so popularized Unicorns that we see them today in jewelry, clothing, paintings, and figurines. Many Christian families even own Unicorn representations in their homes. Do you realize the Unicorn has been occultic for thousands of years, and is represented in current New Age literature as being representative of the violent way in which the New World Order will be finally brought into existence? Occultic folklore has traditionally pictured the Unicorn as the destroyer of the old system, a necessary prerequisite for the New System to be established.

Did you know God utilized a Unicorn-type animal in His prophecy in Daniel 8:4-5, in depicting the final days' Anti-Christ? Do not be deceived: the Unicorn is not the sweet, gentle, and loving animal which is portrayed. Your children are being manipulated into believing a lie, and setting them up to accept the Anti-Christ when he arises.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk</a>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:45:12 am by Wykked Wytch »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:30:45 am »

My Little Pony
Everyone loves horses, but these are not your everyday horses. These horses can levitate, or fly through the air. Most people do not realize when they see someone or something flying through the air that this phenomenon is pure Satanism. Further, many of these horses are Unicorns. In fact, this TV cartoon so popularized Unicorns that we see them today in jewelry, clothing, paintings, and figurines. Many Christian families even own Unicorn representations in their homes. Do you realize the Unicorn has been occultic for thousands of years, and is represented in current New Age literature as being representative of the violent way in which the New World Order will be finally brought into existence? Occultic folklore has traditionally pictured the Unicorn as the destroyer of the old system, a necessary prerequisite for the New System to be established.

Did you know God utilized a Unicorn-type animal in His prophecy in Daniel 8:4-5, in depicting the final days' Anti-Christ? Do not be deceived: the Unicorn is not the sweet, gentle, and loving animal which is portrayed. Your children are being manipulated into believing a lie, and setting them up to accept the Anti-Christ when he arises.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgFWtK2AoPk</a>

That's the video, alright.

I will never understand the kind of reasoning that they use, no matter how hard I try.  I just cannot wrap my brain around this kind of thinking, especially this NWO crap.  As far as I'm concerned, the NWO was/is part of some wrestling group or some shit, and was part of some interesting games.  I so remember playing WCW vs. NWO on the N64, especially with my dad. <3

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:49:21 am »
All I can think is that Celestia, Luna and Twilight would all give these idiots the 'You're kidding.  You're kidding, right?' line, in unison, then Twi would bust out the charts and graphs to prove EXACTLY how they're wrong.  With Luna using Canterlock to keep them awake and paying attention.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:00:10 am »

It's nice to see at least some shows depict faith healing appropriately (Captain Picard).

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:11:01 am »
I read this as Friendship is Horsey at first which makes much more sense than that video above.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »
I'm surprised that they haven't gone after Game of Thrones yet. I mean, it's practically custom-made for them to hate:
- Rampant sex and nudity
- Gay sex
- Incest
- Uncensored violence
- Multiple non-Christian religions, including the obviously pagan religion of the old gods
- Use of dark magic
- Dragons (often seen as demonic by some fundies)
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

deadpandoubter

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »
...the FUCK is with all the sexual undertones in that video?

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:59:26 pm »
I'm surprised that they haven't gone after Game of Thrones yet. I mean, it's practically custom-made for them to hate:
- Rampant sex and nudity
- Gay sex
- Incest
- Uncensored violence
- Multiple non-Christian religions, including the obviously pagan religion of the old gods
- Use of dark magic

Spike is demonic now?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:59:32 pm »
- Rampant sex and nudity
- Gay sex
- Incest
- Uncensored violence
- Use of dark magic

They've gone after other similar shows. I'm sure they have gone after GoT but we just haven't heard about it yet.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »

My Little Pony

*facepalm*
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »
- Rampant sex and nudity
- Gay sex
- Incest
- Uncensored violence
- Use of dark magic
Most of the "Fantasy is of the Devil!" shit goes for the "They're trying to indoctrinate our children into Satanism/the occult/etc" appeal. Game of Thrones isn't aimed at children, so it can't really get them frothing at the mouth nearly as much as, say, Harry Potter. Or, in this case, My Little Pony.
Σא