Author Topic: Samantha Brick: Proud to be Objectified.  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Samantha Brick: Proud to be Objectified.
« on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »
At this point, many of you will be thinking I’m little more than a trophy wife for my husband, Pascal, and you’re right. I am a trophy wife — and what’s more, I’m proud of it.

But I knew I had to get out of the relationship when I found myself writing cheque after cheque for all of our (Her and ex-husband) outgoings. It wasn’t the money that upset me, I just found it deeply unattractive to have a man so dependent on me. Having our roles reversed in that way — me as the breadwinner, he the part-time worker — meant my respect for him evaporated and so, eventually, did my love.

I’d be lying if I said there weren’t downsides to being a trophy wife. I know I’ll have to maintain my figure and looks. Pascal is adamant that even as I get older, it’s no excuse to let myself go. As a younger wife, you battle against the assumption you’re a gold-digger crossing off the years until your beloved is six feet under. But I have my career and own income, so my lifestyle wouldn’t suffer if I wasn’t with Pascal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2147212/Samantha-Brick-Independence-A-career-Who-needs-A-husband-prizes-looks-key.html

Remember girls you don't need to be independent or talented, just be pretty and marry someone who will take care of you. And you men better make more than women if you want to have one.

This is why meritocracy is a pipe dream.

<3 the comments however.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Saturn500

Re: Samantha Brick: Proud to be Objectified.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 06:31:21 pm »
I guess you could say Samantha's... [puts on sunglasses] dumb as a Brick.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »
Oh I'd love to see her pre-nup.  Bet she gets nothing when he tires of her and gets someone younger.

Ironbite-that's the thing about these types of marriages....they're meaningless.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
I guess you could say Samantha's... [puts on sunglasses] dumb as a Brick.
YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:51:54 pm »
Takes all kinds...I guess...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »
I remember reading this article a while back. That woman is so pretentious.
Marry some petty bourgeois dick who sees you as a trophy yeah great. I tend to hate this sort of stuff by definition simply because it's so class based. Yeah, a lot of working class women have to work they can't spend all day trying on dresses and spending 250 quid on clothes.

The criticism of Hilary Clinton is particularly irritating. Why do her looks have any relevance at all? I would horrifying Samantha as I never wear make up or make an effort with appearance. Guess I'm not a real woman then.

The pathetic thing is that then even Daily Mail readers have figured out you are spouting nonsense, that's really a sign you're off the scale stupid.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »
I'm convinced that she's the best troll ever.  She previously wrote an article about how other women absolutely despise her for being super attractive (with, of course, her picture showing her to be average at best).  Just like this one, it successfully trolled a lot of people.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »
Anyone else find it amusing that someone whose last name is brick apparently glorifies being objectified?

Since bricks are as object as objects get.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:33:21 pm »
I don't agree with pretty much all that she said, and I don't agree with the views of her husband. But if they're open about their expectations, wants, needs, and are actually in love and happy, who are we to judge?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »
Pfft. Long as shes happy with it, no real point complaining
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 08:34:39 pm »
I don't agree with pretty much all that she said, and I don't agree with the views of her husband. But if they're open about their expectations, wants, needs, and are actually in love and happy, who are we to judge?

We're FSTDT.  According to some people, that means we judge everybody ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »

Good point, she may not be too bright nor too beautiful (contrary to her own opinion) but if she's happy in this relationship that's all that matters and I'm happy for her. :)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:44 pm »
Just remember, men, your worth as a human being is directly tied to how fat your paycheck is.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:33 am »
Personally, I'd marry a rich guy and be a trophy wife in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to not have to work.

Seriously, in elementary school, when asked what we wanted to be when we grew up, I actually answered, "Nothing." But I knew even then that was unlikely.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:14:58 am »
Personally, I'd marry a rich guy and be a trophy wife in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to not have to work.
Me too. Shame there's fuck all opportunities for that sort of thing for heterosexual males.