Author Topic: The Sandy Thread  (Read 7685 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
The Sandy Thread
« on: October 29, 2012, 05:54:24 pm »
I figured I'd make this since so many people on here are in Sandy's path.

How is it for you guys so far? Here in northeastern Virginia, we've had nonstop rain for at least 24 hours now, with wind gusts that are bending some of the trees in half. It's worse than I expected, and it looks like it'll worsen overnight, too. There's water leaking into my kitchen right now, which is really unpleasant, but shockingly enough we still have power.

I feel much worse for the folks who could be getting snow because of this.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Re: The Sandy Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14:28 pm »
Was totally going to make this thread earlier.

It's getting bad here. It's been raining since yesterday and the wind is getting pretty very bad. The tree in our front yard is looking dangerous. There is a tree down at the top of our neighborhood. It landed in a parking space, but thankfully no car was was parked there.

And she isn't even here yet, either. There's still an hour or two before she makes landfall.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
I have to go to work tonight, should be fun  :-\

EDIT: Bad news is being out at any time during this storm. However the good news is that its a short drive, the establishment is sturdy, and if they lose power, I get paid for sitting on my butt.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »
Here in  the Mid-Hudson valley area of NY, it's not bad. It's been raining all day, and is a bit windy out. Now within the last hour the lights have flicked on and off, and the city I live in is right on the Hudson River, so there's some flooding going on down by the riverfront. It's much better than how everyone acted like it was going to be. It might get a little bit worse, but I'm not expecting anything like what NJ is getting, those folks are getting hammered.

Saturn500

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 06:28:53 pm »
I've lost power. Good thing I can use my iPhone to make posts.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 07:07:44 pm »
HERE COMES THE STORM!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »
Lots of wind, lots of rain. But so far, that's it. Work was closed today and I really wish they would have let me know before I drove out there, but other than that, we're just kind of hanging out waiting until we loose power.

I have pics I need to upload. My older three and I were out playing this afternoon for a little while before the wind got too bad. My oldest liked the idea of the on location reporters so we did that. Then we tried to fly my four year old like a kite. Wet fun was had by all, so now nobody is scared of the storm.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:08:26 pm »
I had to go to Richmond to be sworn into the bar today. Driving down (early morning) was dark and rainy, but not too bad. Coming home was a nightmare. We were getting blown pretty bad on I-95. About 90 minutes from home, we found out there was a wreck 10 miles ahead that had all lanes blocked. So we hopped off the interstate and took backroads home. That was a lot easier, as the lower speeds made it easier to maintain traction.

The wind is blowing pretty hard outside. We've lost our satellite a few times, but comes back quickly.

Both my fiancee and my mother-in-law have to go to work tomorrow, but neither want to. 
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »
Can't pretend to know what it's like from the west coast, but stay safe guys. And if you can, sacrifice something to Poseidon. It might help.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »
I'm here in Northern NJ, and the winds here are pretty fierce.  Fortunately, my neighborhood is on the western-facing slope of a hill, so we don't really need to worry as much about flooding.  Power has cut in and out over the past few hours, but the lights are still on for now (obviously, that's why I can still post).

South Jersey is getting the worst of it.  My grandmother lives down there and has informed me that she refuses to evacuate despite Gov. Christie's orders.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 09:01:23 pm »
A lot of wind and rain, I still have power.  Hoping it stays like that.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 09:16:29 pm »
Our power lines are underground, so unless something happens to the transformer, we should be good. 
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:37 pm »
We must be getting some of the effects of Sandy here in Michigan because it has been quite windy. To all of those on the east coast, please be safe.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:18 pm »
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:38 pm »
It's just been very windy with brief periods of light to moderate rain.