Author Topic: Good/bad anime thread  (Read 69934 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Good/bad anime thread
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2012, 08:46:30 pm »
I just watched some of Victory Gundam and...

erm...why does the evil empire seem to have a torrid love affair with tires?

And just how crazy is this Katejina woman? She's already shown herself to be pretty darn nutso...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2012, 08:13:19 pm »
You know you're doing something weird with your Netflix when it recommends Sgt. Frog.  Not that there's anything wrong with Sgt. Frog, but...holy fuck it's on Netflix?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2012, 08:43:12 am »
I just watched some of Victory Gundam and...

erm...why does the evil empire seem to have a torrid love affair with tires?

And just how crazy is this Katejina woman? She's already shown herself to be pretty darn nutso...

She's an evil female character in a show directed by Tomino, expect her to get shafted in love, go even more off the deep end and attempt genocide at some point. Oh and possibly fall for the hero at some point along the line.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2012, 12:57:11 am »
Good gundam shows
UC stuff G and 00 the astray manga and stargazer And Gundam X
Bad gundam stuff
Seed
Also I'm watching a yuri mecha anime called Lagrange

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2012, 12:29:28 am »
I started reading "He is My Master" a few nights ago.
This manga is so full of wtf moments.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2012, 04:28:14 am »
Bad gundam stuff
Seed

Oh come on, SEED wasn't that bad. It was nothing special and only did its job of being a UC series in modern Gundam style, but it wasn't particularly bad. SEED Destiny, on the other hand, had the potential to be better...... except the writers felt the need to not only bring back Kira as the main character after establishing other protagonists causing them to completely derail the plot, portray most of those other protagonists out of character to make new villains, make Kira from almost Mary Sue to irredeemable Mary Sue and many, MANY other problems that makes it the WORST Gundam series I've ever seen... and I sat through SD Gundam during its Toonami run.
Who needs a signature?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #171 on: August 07, 2012, 03:40:48 pm »
Bad gundam stuff
Seed

Oh come on, SEED wasn't that bad. It was nothing special and only did its job of being a UC series in modern Gundam style, but it wasn't particularly bad. SEED Destiny, on the other hand, had the potential to be better...... except the writers felt the need to not only bring back Kira as the main character after establishing other protagonists causing them to completely derail the plot, portray most of those other protagonists out of character to make new villains, make Kira from almost Mary Sue to irredeemable Mary Sue and many, MANY other problems that makes it the WORST Gundam series I've ever seen... and I sat through SD Gundam during its Toonami run.
I meant most of the cosmic era I think it was good ironically when Kira Shinn or Athrun were not in the show (see Stargazer and Astray)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:52 pm »
Anyone been watching Sword Art Online anime?  Man that series is just blowing me out of the water amazing!  I can't recommend it enough!!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2012, 04:21:40 pm »
Anyone been watching Sword Art Online anime?  Man that series is just blowing me out of the water amazing!  I can't recommend it enough!!

I've been watching it. It is really good. Seeing Kirito's real strength in the new episode was awesome. And that scene at the end of the boss battle... it was rather touching.

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »
I think Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty good. But I'll also admit that it's not for everyone (especially not the easily disturbed or bored by inaction types).

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2012, 08:12:08 pm »
Oh here is an odd one Amagami SS.  You ever watch a harem anime based on a VN and see the protag get with a girl you hate?   Fear not each arc is a different girl.  Really not even harem like I mean they adapt the whole route in 4 eps.  Rather good idea.
 Black Lagoon is also good especially the FUCKING dub (swear a lot in series).
What else
I'm watching a yuri mecha anime called Rinne no Lagrange or Lagrange Flowers of Rin Ne.
SAO is good and you can find the novels online.  Oh Asuna you are so awesome :D

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:24 pm »
SAO is good and you can find the novels online.  Oh Asuna you are so awesome :D

Yes. Yes she is. I'm pretty sure I could add her to my "Cartoon Crush" list.

...By the way, think you could PM me a link to the novels? I think they'd be interesting reads, especially if they help fill in any of those long time gaps between episodes of the anime.

Offline eldritchMortician

• Neonate
  • Waiting for the TARDIS
    • eldritchMortician's Slab
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:02 am »
I think Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty good. But I'll also admit that it's not for everyone (especially not the easily disturbed or bored by inaction types).
My roommate really likes it, and I saw the first maybe 4 episodes, but I couldn't really get into it. I wanted to watch it because it's so influential and popular, but I couldn't get past just...not caring about any of the characters at all. *I* wanted to kill them, so I found it hard to care that the angels might. I wondered if I powered through if it would get better?

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2012, 08:08:25 am »
My roommate really likes it, and I saw the first maybe 4 episodes, but I couldn't really get into it. I wanted to watch it because it's so influential and popular, but I couldn't get past just...not caring about any of the characters at all. *I* wanted to kill them, so I found it hard to care that the angels might. I wondered if I powered through if it would get better?

For a given value of better, you find out just how fucked up the entire cast is and then they ran out of budget so the ending makes sense in a very weird way (the film ending is very much end of the world funtimes).

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:48 am »
Next month, one of my favorite mangas will be getting an anime.

I can't wait!