Author Topic: Left-Wing Assholes  (Read 53264 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Left-Wing Assholes
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »
Thunderfoot(Sexist and fucking snobby as hell),
Amazing Atheist(it's the amazing atheist, need I say more?),
Sam Harris(BATSHIT ABOUT MUSLIMS),
Christopher Hitchens(Sexist, snobby, etc),
Penn Gillette(Libertarian atheist, sexist, etc),
Objectivists(Libertarian to the point of being completely fucking CooCoo for Cocoa Puffs, instead of just regular crazy)
.... I feel like I'm forgetting a few.
Well a few of those people aren't left-wing--they're libertarian.

True... But they're more on the "left" side of libertarian.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline alaric112

• Neonate
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »
Objectivists(Libertarian to the point of being completely fucking CooCoo for Cocoa Puffs, instead of just regular crazy)

I'd still question the Amazing Atheist being counted as left-wing. This may just be my personal bias, because I hate the guy with a passion and remember way too many of his less than glamorous moments, but he's always struck me as fairly far from leftist anything.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:05 pm »

I'd still question the Amazing Atheist being counted as left-wing. This may just be my personal bias, because I hate the guy with a passion and remember way too many of his less than glamorous moments, but he's always struck me as fairly far from leftist anything.

He's an ass, and probably not a good example of someone on the left wing, but he is still on the left... though I guess that's relative.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:06 pm »
He has a fair number of left wing views including abortion...then goes on to ruin that feminist cred by saying Anita is evil

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 12:02:34 am »
He has a fair number of left wing views including abortion...then goes on to ruin that feminist cred by saying Anita is evil

I didn't know liking Anita was a requirement for feminism.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:04:18 am by Whore of Spamylon »

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 12:23:20 am »
PETA is batshit insane, the ALF they tacitly support even moreso.

The Brant Siblings are apparently for gay rights or something, I haven't tried to listen to what those obnoxious brats say, but as I have said before, they're completely obnoxious, racist and classist fashionista almost-offensively camp brats that got away with calling for the President's assassination. I would've been pleased if a drone paid them a visit.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:19 am »

They're talking about a lady who decided to make a video series on certain tropes in video games when it comes to sexism.  Amazing Asshole there decided to call her out on the fact that she disabled youtube comments, even going so far as to say that he knows that most of them will be abusive but so what?

Ironbite-yeah so what if you get threatened with death and rape....at least you're encouraging discourse right?

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 12:34:38 am »

They're talking about a lady who decided to make a video series on certain tropes in video games when it comes to sexism.  Amazing Asshole there decided to call her out on the fact that she disabled youtube comments, even going so far as to say that he knows that most of them will be abusive but so what?

Ironbite-yeah so what if you get threatened with death and rape....at least you're encouraging discourse right?

Youtube comments are almost always amazingly enlightening. Especially when they call the uploader an "ovendodger". If people want to talk about her videos there are plenty of other places to do so and she knows that. Amazing Atheist knows that.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

• Bishop
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 12:46:19 am »

They're talking about a lady who decided to make a video series on certain tropes in video games when it comes to sexism.

Yes, I know.

Amazing Asshole there decided to call her out on the fact that she disabled youtube comments, even going so far as to say that he knows that most of them will be abusive but so what?

Anonymous threats of violence are par for the course when one is a popular pundit, so it isn't entirely unreasonable to suggest she is using the issue of trolling as a pretense to avoid legitimate criticism towards herself.

I'll go ahead and post the video so one can get a fuller context of his sentiments.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkS9YS_T0k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkS9YS_T0k</a>
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:58:11 am by Whore of Spamylon »

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 12:48:54 am »
Also, I really don't like the tone P. Z. Myers takes a lot of the time. I know that creationists and the like are completely fucking stupid, but he tends to take a general tone towards anyone who disagrees with him that I find personally contentious.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who hates him (and the rest of that little group).
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

• Bishop
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:42 am »
Also, I really don't like the tone P. Z. Myers takes a lot of the time. I know that creationists and the like are completely fucking stupid, but he tends to take a general tone towards anyone who disagrees with him that I find personally contentious.

Oh good, I'm not the only one who hates him (and the rest of that little group).

Go ahead and add me among your ranks as well.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:17 am »

They're talking about a lady who decided to make a video series on certain tropes in video games when it comes to sexism.

Yes, I know.

Amazing Asshole there decided to call her out on the fact that she disabled youtube comments, even going so far as to say that he knows that most of them will be abusive but so what?

Threats of violence are par for the course when one is a popular pundit, so it isn't entirely unreasonable to suggest she is using the issue of trolling as a pretense to avoid legitimate criticism towards herself.

I'll go ahead and post the video so one can get a fuller context of his words.

Did you see Beat Up Anita Sarkeesian, the game where you punch a picture of her and it gets increasingly bruised and bloodied?

I don't agree with everything she says, but she didn't use the trolling to avoid criticism and the trolling was entirely larger than anything that could be considered par for the course.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:05 am »
Considering the reaction disabling comments got it seems to me that she made the right call.  Seeing the amount of threats it wouldn't surprise me if she got a comment at some point with her address or something.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 01:16:11 am »
Anonymous threats of violence are par for the course when one is a popular pundit, so it isn't entirely unreasonable to suggest she is using the issue of trolling as a pretense to avoid legitimate criticism towards herself.

The problem being that feminist pundits tend to earn more vicious trolls than other pundits (Such as TAA himself) so, as such, it actually makes it more reasonable to assume that she disabled comments to avoid the waves of trolls than it is to assume she's just trying to avoid criticism.

If there is an issue that TAA is reasonable about, it is not women of any sort.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet