Author Topic: House across from WBC painted with Gay pride colors  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
House across from WBC painted with Gay pride colors
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »
A man in Topeka, Kansas has bought a house across from the Westboro Bpatist Church and painted it with the Gay Pride colors.

Hilarity is sure to ensue.   
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: House across from WBC painted with Gay pride colors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:04:17 pm »
Oh, this is gonna be good.

Looking forward to Fred Phelps' anger induced aneurysm. It'll probably be none too soon.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »
That's beautiful...really improves the real estate value for the whole street too. Seriously. Would you want to own a house or business within a couple blocks of WBC?

Now I wanna see some homoerotic topiary in the front yard. Edward Scissorhands-style.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
Bravo!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:39:41 pm »
I cackled like a chook when I read about this.

Fan-fuckin'-tastic!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »
I think this sums it up nicely:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5l436mg1A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5l436mg1A</a>
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:13 pm »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »
“I love it,” said Shirley Phelps-Roper, one of the most outspoken members of the Westboro Baptist Church. “What he does is he keeps the eyes of the whole earth on this message.  Now everyday all people are thinking about is God will not have same sex marriage.”

Lol.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:22 pm »
Oh, this is gonna be good.

Looking forward to Fred Phelps' anger induced aneurysm. It'll probably be none too soon.

Good?

I think it's

FABULOUS!
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40:49 pm »
This is glorious! It might be the most beautiful think I've ever seen... *single tear*
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 01:18:17 am »
“I love it,” said Shirley Phelps-Roper, one of the most outspoken members of the Westboro Baptist Church. “What he does is he keeps the eyes of the whole earth on this message.  Now everyday all people are thinking about is God will not have same sex marriage.”

Lol.

AND LOOK HOW DISCONNECTED SHIRLY IS!

Ironbite-that's the best part of the story.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 12:08:15 am »

Lol.

AND LOOK HOW DISCONNECTED SHIRLY IS!

Ironbite-that's the best part of the story.

Oooooo! Idea for topiary subject - Shirley munching bush....literally! :P
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 12:19:09 am »
Now everyday all people are thinking about is God will not have same sex marriage.”

Well it's not like anyone is going to force God to have a same sex marriage. We just want it legalized so that the same sex couples could finally get married.

And who would God even get married to? If there aren't any other gods would it still be same-sex marriage? Does God have gender?

Is the Father gonna marry the holy ghost and Jesus? (Which would probably make it polygamy and incest.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:35 am »
Now everyday all people are thinking about is God will not have same sex marriage.”

Well it's not like anyone is going to force God to have a same sex marriage. We just want it legalized so that the same sex couples could finally get married.

And who would God even get married to? If there aren't any other gods would it still be same-sex marriage? Does God have gender?

Is the Father gonna marry the holy ghost and Jesus? (Which would probably make it polygamy and incest.)

OMG - nailed it, askold. The Holy Trinity is a Holy Union, i.e., marriage...Homo/incest/otherkin (Holy Ghost - defo otherkin).

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »

Lol.

This is nothing but an obvious, albeit clumsy, attempt at spin control.  She's trying her best to not show that this has them pissing themselves up one side and down the other.  It's almost like they are trying to use the old "kill 'em with kindness" gambit, but don't know how since they're not used to it.  And what she says people will be thinking isn't at all what they're thinking.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.