Author Topic: GA woman claims 2 youths shot her, killed her baby  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
GA woman claims 2 youths shot her, killed her baby
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:29:13 pm »
I just have the feeling we've been thru this scenario before.  Something just doesn't feel right about her story.  Whether her story is true or not, it's tragic that a baby died in this. It both saddens and angers me no end that someone could callously do this to a defenseless baby, regardless who the person or the reason.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: GA woman claims 2 youths shot her, killed her baby
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »
Need more details, for sure, but I don't think her story is fishy in any particular way. A coworker of mine got a gun shoved in his face after work one night, he cooperated, handed over his wallet, emptied his pockets, had no cash on him...and the fucking dude cussed him out, spat in his face and shot him in the thigh. Big caliber bullet, too. Fucked up his leg so bad he now has an artificial femur. Missed severing his femoral artery by an inch (he'd have bled to death in a minute). So, yeah, some really messed up kids with a gun? You bet I believe it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »
I'm not saying it isn't true.  But we've had similar events happen in the not too distant past that follow the same basic storyline and it turned out the mom did it and then blamed it on some non-existent perpetrator.  Remember the young mother in South Carolina that claimed her 2 children were kidnapped by a black man and it turned out she drove her car into a pond with them strapped in their car seats and made the whole kidnapping thing up?  The gung-ho sheriff we had at the time in our county here in NC set up road blocks and actually had a "suspect" stopped and in custody for a while until it was determined he was nowhere near the area that took place.

And I know there are some mean, callous people out there.  Hell, we're discussing some in other threads.  But it is like you say; more details are needed.  I, to, am reserving a final opinion on this until such time as more does come out.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »
I remember that case. She was the text book case for "psycho mom". Had the press and the public fooled for a good while, too.

Thing is, if this early report is correct, it would've been super difficult to pull off a fake murder/robbery out in the open during the daytime without any witnesses. I think it could be real. Some really messed up, abused and neglected young kids, have no self love or regard for life, and they get a gun and go act out in the worst way. Normal kids can be pretty cruel, so imagine the case with kids from terrible homes.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 12:40:51 am »
If she was shot in the leg, I would think that experts could determine the angle at which the bullet entered her, indicating who fired the shot. Really sad, though. I hate to see cases like this.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
<UPDATE>: GA woman claims 2 youths shot her, killed her baby
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 11:10:48 am »
Two teenager have been arrested for this senseless tragedy.  Although this article doesn't tell their ages, I understand from other news reports that one is 17 and the other 14.

And while their guilt has not been proven yet as there were no witnesses to the actual act, at least I feel a little better that most likely, things happened the way the mother said they did.  Some people did report hearing the gunshots.  What with the shock of hearing about someone, anyone, being able to shoot a 13 month old child in the head for any reason along with events such as the one I mentioned earlier having occurred, I was perhaps expecting the worst: that a mother could actually kill her own baby and then make up a tale about it to make it look like someone else did it. 

If these 2 are the ones that committed this horrendous murder, I hope they never breath another breathe of freedom. 

@Sleepy, I had thought about the angle of the shot to her leg, which had given credence to her depiction of the crime.  But I could still envision scenarios where even an angle showing she did not shoot herself in the leg didn't necessarily mean she wasn't involved.  I certainly hope she wasn't and it appears more likely now that she was not. 

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »
Either way, as long as the actual shooter is caught, that's good. But yeah - there have been so many cases of unthinkable acts by parents, it's like a coin toss as to what really happened, sometimes.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »
Whatever the truth turns out to be, I hope justice is done.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:15:32 am »
I have to wonder which of the two shot the baby, and what the penalty would be for the 14-year-old if it were him.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:08:34 am »
I have but this to say: Fiat justitia ruat caelum. That is all.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 09:40:23 am »
There are several new videos with the mother describing the incident. It's heart wrenching to watch them, but quite a few more details are in them. The shooter also shot at her and grazed her ear. I really hope that every possible means of confirming they have the right guy is used.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:41 am »
Whatever the truth turns out to be, I hope justice is done.

Yes.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 03:25:43 pm »
I hope they had the right kids. Anyone who shoots a cute little infant in the face like it was no biggie has got to be seriously messed up.

I hope this isn't another "Susan Smith" situation.

You want to hear what's crazy? This woman also had another son, 18 years old, who was stabbed to death. However, in that case, he was the assailant but it backfired.

That said, it's tragic that this woman loses two sons to violence. Her older son may have contributed to his demise but her 13 month old baby boy was just a helpless innocent.

Either she has the worst luck or her neighborhood is horrible!

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »
It's reported to be a sketchy neighborhood. Half remodeled, half slummy, high crime area. She and the baby's father are both older, and lower income, as no doubt was the kid who fired the gun. In the videos, she seems nice enough even though understandably very emotional. Didn't use any prejudiced wording or exaggerations. That she reported the kids as much younger than they turned out to be seems odd - I still worry if they are the right ones - unless they are both just a lot shorter than average for their ages.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »
People screw up details all the time, especially in a terrifying encounter like this. Fear, time of day, and a number of other things could've prevented her from getting an accurate age estimate.