Author Topic: Internet Tracks down Frat-boy Mugger  (Read 1047 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Internet Tracks down Frat-boy Mugger
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
College education doesn't pay off sometimes. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY3NDoshHo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY3NDoshHo</a>

After we posted the video last night, a commenter using the handle "secretsout" posted a link to Folan's Facebook page, writing "link to most likely suspect. take care of business guys." A quick look through his public photos revealed that Folan, a broadcast journalism major who graduated from St. Francis College last year, had been wearing a black Alpha Phi Delta sweatshirt on the night of March 8, hours before the robbery. "Stugotz" appeared to be his pledge name. One commenter noted that the figure in the video was wearing a purple bracelet, and that Folan had a purple bracelet in several recent photos. Another matched a keyring caribiner Folan was wearing to one that the mugger in the video had on his belt.

The information spread: commenters at New York's Daily Intel had also found Folan. And Folan's Facebook page. His photos were flooded with comments linking to the Gawker story and speculating how long it'd be before he was arrested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JgY3NDoshHo

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Internet Tracks down Frat-boy Mugger
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:11:32 pm »
Well, I'm impressed.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:32 pm »
This guy might well deserve it (I'm not discounting the possibility that this is a case of mistaken identity), but the Internet has done some pretty shitty things with social media too.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:19:10 pm »
And now I remember why I think of the internet overall as a hive of scum and villainy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet