Author Topic: Poor shaming  (Read 1898 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Poor shaming
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:25 am »
I'm making this thread because this something that really annoys me about what has become of American Society. I see way too much of it daily, especially from the right that claims that they want to see people succeed, but don't want to even give the bare necessities to them in order to do so, but are more than happy to give a blank check to corporations.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Poor shaming
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »
I hate how some in the 250k + per year income bracket bitch about the proposed tax increases that will cost them roughly one suit jacket or a nice hand bag, which they own dozens of.

Oh! The depravation those blood sucking poor people cause them!

Line up against the wall, fuckwits >:(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »
We watched a documentary about the poverty in the Appalachian, and half the class basically went full derp. They all said that the poor people there should just "move" to get out of the bad area and that the ones addicted to hard drugs should have "never done them in the first place" or should have "just quit taking them and left".
It even was more ridiculous, since the people in the video were working their fucking asses off. One woman did stop taking drugs, and she walked 16 miles everyday to get her GED. Another family living in trash basically, had pushed their kids to make excellent grades to get into college. Another teenager lived in a truck, and he worked on homework all the time to get an education.
These people were on welfare, and that's the only reason they basically weren't dead. Yet apparently getting only enough welfare to just feed your kids Pepsi and pasta is mooching off of the hard workers.

BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:07 pm »
We watched a documentary about the poverty in the Appalachian, and half the class basically went full derp. They all said that the poor people there should just "move" to get out of the bad area and that the ones addicted to hard drugs should have "never done them in the first place" or should have "just quit taking them and left".
It even was more ridiculous, since the people in the video were working their fucking asses off. One woman did stop taking drugs, and she walked 16 miles everyday to get her GED. Another family living in trash basically, had pushed their kids to make excellent grades to get into college. Another teenager lived in a truck, and he worked on homework all the time to get an education.
These people were on welfare, and that's the only reason they basically weren't dead. Yet apparently getting only enough welfare to just feed your kids Pepsi and pasta is mooching off of the hard workers.

"I got mine, fuck y'all."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 12:24:01 am »
Of course, the people the government forces out of work in order to maintain a stable inflation rate are only jobless because they are lazy. If they protest or complain about not being able to find jobs because you fired them, that is further evidence that they are lazy, particularly if the protests are imaginative or politically effective.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR