Author Topic: The Newbie Thread  (Read 242634 times)

Offline sithdoughnut

• Neonate
  • Oooh look, I can put words here.
Re: The Newbie Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2013, 11:59:50 am »
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night/Other.

I've lurked this forum as a member for a few months, but I've been reading the main page for a lot longer. I'm a student from the UK and stuff.

That'll do.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »
Nice to meet you, cute-panda-avatared person.

Offline poeticmind0189

• Neonate
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:50 pm »
1. I'm B-Man's girlfriend
2. I'm a poet
3. I'm Episcopalian
4. I'm interested in German, a couple of years ago I started learning sadly being in school fulltime and rehearshing for a play got in the way. I had a recent respark in learning the language due to a German student at our local college. My initial inspiration for the language was Tokio Hotel.
6. I've ridden both a camel and an elephant
7. Somber places fascinate me i.e.) The Oklahoma City bombing memorial there's just something fascinating about the survivor tree.  Arlington National Cemetary also tickles my fancy.
8. B-Man's now completing this list for me because he's helping me get comfortable with you guys. (Hey everypony! :P)
9. I love discovering new bands and music.
10. I love making lists.
11. Yes, I know there's no "5." in this list.
12. I lost TWO siblings before the age of 18.  One was female, and the other was male.
13. I have a quotebook inspired by the movie A Walk To Remember.
14. I am clasically trained in singing.

So, that's about it for now.  I have to go change my kitty cat's litter, but I'll see you all around.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:35:52 pm by poeticmind0189 »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2013, 11:50:21 pm »
Yeah, poeticmind0189 is new (as you know).  Everything she said is accurate.  Um...what was I going to say again?  Oh yeah.  She had to finish some chores, which is why I took over the typing.  Now I just did the typing.  She pretty much told me what she wanted to add.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2013, 11:59:50 pm »
Hey B-Man's girlfriend.   :)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:11 am »
1. Nice to meet you, B-Man's girlfriend
2. I'm a conlanger
3. I'm an agnostic atheist
4. I'm interested in Irish. I got a book & CD set for Christmas. Dia Dhuit!
6. That's pretty cool. I've never ridden anything. Not even a horse
8. Nice of him to help. Most of us here are pretty nice, except when we're not.
9. What kind of music do you like?
10. I can tell.
11. I hadn't even noticed.
12. *hug*
13. I have a beard inspired by Obi Wan Kenobi.
14. That's pretty neat.

I too have kitty-litter duty on mondays.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2013, 12:58:27 am »

13. I have a beard inspired by Obi Wan Kenobi.

I can top that, my red highlights are inspired by Palpatine, because he was a red headed little bastard...

Offline aebars

• Apprentice
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:48 am »
Ironbite scolded me for making a 'Which clique of fundies pisses you off the most?' thread without introducing myself here first, so here I am.

Not a lot to say that I didn't already say in that thread. I've been reading FSTDT sporadically for years, but only started commenting regularly a few months ago, and created a forum account only a few days ago.

I'm particularly irritated by MRAs.

On Rationalwiki, I use the username Fastzander, and have written a handful of articles about the manosphere for it.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2013, 02:09:40 am »
Ironbite scolded me for making a 'Which clique of fundies pisses you off the most?' thread without introducing myself here first, so here I am.

Not a lot to say that I didn't already say in that thread. I've been reading FSTDT sporadically for years, but only started commenting regularly a few months ago, and created a forum account only a few days ago.

I'm particularly irritated by MRAs.

On Rationalwiki, I use the username Fastzander, and have written a handful of articles about the manosphere for it.

So in short, you're a "long time listener, first time caller" type, eh?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Southern Comforter

• Bishop
« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58:49 am »
Howdy, y'all.

A friend of mine referred me to these forums because they said it'd probably be a nice place to communicate every now and then. I've only really been a part of two forums online (one being webcomic related, the other being... well, I don't really know how to describe it). My friend's not actually a part of these forums, but they said I'd fit in. Since I just joined and all, I'm not entirely too sure what the forum is centered around, but it sure does look interesting. I'm a pretty big fan of all the topics here, and I'm so glad there's an entire board devoted to science and technology (science major looking possibly at a degree in either biochemistry, microbiology, biology, or neuroscience if I manage to make it look like I wasn't an underprivileged slacker in high school). Since a few other people seem to be stating this for themselves, I might as well say that I'm an agnostic bisexual independent leaning left. Actually, I think it's safer to say that I'll vote Democratic/Green no matter what because the right really lost me after 2012 (the first election I could really take part in). I'm also very keen on furry art, but I'm not one of the guys that sexualizes it, and frankly the thought of that alone makes me shudder. Oh, and I live in Texas (as if my avatar didn't already say that).

So yeah, with all that said, I hope I don't immediately forget about these forums like I did with the other twenty forums I recently joined. :/

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2013, 04:00:45 pm »
Greetings Hunter, and welcome to the board. I guess if we centered around anything, it was the mocking of any too extremist sentiment, though it seems most of that comes from the right nowadays. Keep things civil and smart, I doubt anyone will have any troubles with ya.

The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline IWasAPerson

• Neonate
« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2013, 07:06:58 pm »
Hey guys,

Figured I'd join these forums after a friend on another forum I frequent thought I'd fit in nicely here. Wasn't sure what they meant by that, but sure enough I've lurked a bit and you guys seem great.  Although I'm going to college for electrical engineering, politics have been a big interest of mine, especially being able to debate about it. Seeing a lot of discussion like that and being level-headed at the same time about it kinda drew me in. That, and I really like a lot of the other topics as well. So yeah, looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Might as well say this because it seems like a lot of other people are, but...

1. I'm an independent, although I kinda flip depending on the subject matter. Especially after the 2012 election, and especially considering it's the first election I could vote in, I really can't bring myself to side with either the left or the right anymore.
2. I'm an Electrical Engineering major (takes up stupid amounts of time)
3. I'm a drummer. I dunno why that's important, but it's a lot of fun.
4. I've always been interested in video game designing.
4. I've been a part of a few forums before, but I only frequent one other one nowadays.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
Welcome, IWasAPerson! What are you now? :P
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #388 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:45 am »
Lunch if I have anything to say about it.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #389 on: March 01, 2013, 08:07:15 am »
Welcome, Hunter and IWasAPerson! :)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!