Author Topic: Reality about God  (Read 6269 times)

Offline arunangelo

• Neonate
Reality about God
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:23:02 pm »
?  God is spirit (John 4:24).  His spirit is omnipresent, creative, and infinitely intelligent. His intelligence is evident by the fact that everything he created has a highly intelligent design. For example, a human brain has trillions upon trillions of connections and a capability equal to 20 thousand computers.  God’s Spirit is love.  His spirit touches every human heart and propels us to express unconditional love. Because God is spirit, we do not see him through our physical eyes. However, we do experience Him through the spirit of love we find in our own heart and in others.

If we look deep in our heart, we realize that we find complete peace only in unconditional love.  This indicates that unconditional love is our basic nature and the spirit of our creator. We get a confirmation of the fact that our creator is love, if we believe that Jesus is God; because in Jesus we can see a God of infinite love and mercy. Jesus came into this world to preach good news to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, proclaim freedom to those who were enslaved by sin and release from darkness for those who did not know the truth about the love of God (Luke 4:18 & Isaiah 61:1). The world,  however did not recognize him (John 1:10) and disliked his mission.  He, however stayed faithful to His mission, because he knew that it would bring us eternal life. He, therefore, freely and quietly accepted pain, ridicule, humiliation and a shameful death on the cross (Isaiah 53: 5 &7).  Furthermore, he forgave his persecutors (Luke 23:34) and was concerned about the suffering our sins would bring us rather than his own suffering (Luke 23:28).  Through his expression of love for us, he instilled the spirit of love in our heart. This frees us sin.

Because Jesus freed us from sin, we can love one another as he has loved us (John 13:34-35), quietly bear each other’s burdens, die to our self in order to bring healing to those who hurt and betray us, forgive without any limit (Matt. 18:22), bind each other’s wounds and be a servant to others.  Christianity therefore is not about our rights, our feelings or our life.  It is about sacrifice, undying fidelity, humility, obedience, servitude, compassion and forgiveness. True Christians therefore, love their enemies, do good deeds to those who hate them, bless those who curse them, pray for those who mistreat them, and stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is abuse and unfaithfulness, and offer the other cheek if struck  on one. (Luke 6:27-30).

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Re: Reality about God
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:18 pm »
Nothing we haven't heard before.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:36 pm »
Cool story bro?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:05 pm »
At least he seems the more benign sort of evangelist. Not one word about Hell and nothing condemning the hated group of the week.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 11:39:46 pm »
Dynamic Dragon, is that you?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
Dynamic Dragon, is that you?

I was going to ask that myself but I chose not to.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:54:25 pm »
Why can't these people stick to Preaching and Worship? That's what it's there for.

Also, please stick around. I prefer actual arguments to drive-by trolling.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:30:07 am »
Also, please stick around. I prefer actual arguments to drive-by trolling.

I doubt this person will come back. He/she's another pigeon, and another of those who just knocks over and shits on the chess pieces and... well, flies away, never to be seen again.

I could also say he/she is another "pissed at us" type. One who thinks we're another bunch of weak-minded atheists and other non-believers who will easily come to god (that's right, I didn't capitalized "god") over some long lecture about him. No. We don't work that way. In fact, only once (or maybe a few other times before) has there been a Strawman example of these "non-believers" which Evangelists love to demonize, like Agni (formerly Chagen41).

To the next Christian (or any monotheist) who wants to spread the word of god: This is not an (entirely) anti-theist site, but this is an anti-fanaticism (political and religious) site.

(To Culture Jammers coming to the site: We're sorry to disappoint you. A lot of us are fanpeople of a specific work - mostly the popular culture you all despise of for "oppressing us towards conformity" - but we are no Cargo Cult.)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:18 am »
And.... I think I am going to move this to Preaching and Worship if you don't mind.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:19:19 am »
I don't think this was a pigeon shitting on the board and knocking all the pieces off.  At least, not at present (I imagine that as stubborn fire and brimstone ____ are evil and will go to hell), It was just fly-by evangelizing.  Like a pigeon dropping a flyer.   

You know, I rather like pigeons...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 06:43:18 am »
Well, it's better than the usual hellfire and torture.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 07:34:39 am »
I dunno, if you're gonna do drive-by evangelism, at least hellfire can be more interesting to read. This is just boring.
Σא

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41:43 am »
It could also be a little more grammatically correct.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
Meh.

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »
It's a fly-by-night evangelist, look.