Author Topic: Man shot and killed "for fun"  (Read 8493 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Man shot and killed "for fun"
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/08/20/oaklahoma-australian-baseball-player-shot-bored-teenager.html

An Australian baseball player out for a jog in an Oklahoma neighbourhood was shot and killed by three "bored" teenagers who decided to kill someone for fun, police said.

Christopher Lane, who was visiting the town of Duncan, where his girlfriend and her family live, had passed a home where the boys were staying and that apparently led to him being gunned down at random, Police Chief Danny Ford said Monday. A 17-year-old in the group has given a detailed confession to police, but investigators haven't found the weapon used in last week's shooting, Ford said.

"They saw Christopher go by, and one of them said: `There's our target,"' Ford said. "The boy who has talked to us said, `We were bored and didn't have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody."'

He said they followed the 22-year-old Lane, a student from Melbourne attending college on a baseball scholarship, in a car and shot him in the back before driving off.

I dearly hope they get tried as adults.

(It may be of interest that while Oklahoma leads the US in death penalty executions per capita, these three, being 15, 16 and 17 years old cannot receive the death penalty per Roper v Simmons which requires that offenders be at least 18 years of age at the time of the offence.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Man shot and killed "for fun"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:20:38 pm »
I fervently hope that these fuckers get beaten half to death by an angry mob.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:25:01 pm »
(It may be of interest that while Oklahoma leads the US in death penalty executions per capita, these three, being 15, 16 and 17 years old cannot receive the death penalty per Roper v Simmons which requires that offenders be at least 18 years of age at the time of the offence.)

The whole time I thought Texas was the "capital punishment" state (and one of the many shames of my home state).

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:30:12 pm »

The whole time I thought Texas was the "capital punishment" state (and one of the many shames of my home state).

Well, Texas leads in number of executions. (Virginia is second and Oklahoma is third.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:45:56 pm »
WHAT THE FUCK!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 05:46:09 pm »
So they basically did it For The Evulz 

Textbook sociopaths.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:05:31 pm »
If you want to do something stupid, do something where you don't have a chance to be executed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:07:30 pm by Leafy »

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »
If you want to do something stupid, do something where you don't have a chance to be executed.

But that requires not being a complete fucking dumbass. That's just too much to ask of some people.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »

But that requires not being a complete fucking dumbass. That's just too much to ask of some people.
True, but I just have to wonder about the thought process behind this.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 06:12:44 pm »
Death would be too good.  Hope they rot in prison.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Probably about right.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 06:31:11 pm »
These motherfuckers are the scum of the earth. They deserve to rot for something so horrible.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »
I want to chip in to fly the victim's largest, toughest male friends in from Oz so they can feed these little shits a whole car park worth of gravel.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 07:04:17 pm »
You mean YOU'VE never casually murdered random people every time you got bored?

Someone's a bad supervillain in training.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.