Author Topic: This just in: Homeopathic company has sold "natural" drugs that actually work!  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
...Because those medicines actually contain drugs.

Basically, they had advertised their pills as "all natural" homepathic cures free of all "chemicals" and such poisons that the big-pharma wants you to fill your body with. But FDA made a rather suprising and dangerous discovery: those pills contained antibiotics. Despite the claim that all the pills are 100% antibiotic free.

Now, I said that the pills "work" but it is not that they work as intended, it's just that with the right dosage those pills might help with infections but the danger in this is that since it is impossible to know the right dosage, and the customers have probably been taking small and infreguent doses of antibiotics they have in fact been making the bacteria inside them gain resistance to antibiotics which will end up poorly for everyone if resistant strains start spreading.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/28/5557526/homeopathic-drug-company-actual-drugs-in-remedies
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
If homeopathy actually worked, you could cure AIDS with seawater.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
It's incredibly misleading to say these drugs "work" if they don't even work as intended and only have a side-effect that makes the antibiotic in question useless over time.

Whoever wrote that title should feel bad.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
It's incredibly misleading to say these drugs "work" if they don't even work as intended and only have a side-effect that makes the antibiotic in question useless over time.

Whoever wrote that title should feel bad.

NEVER!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!