Author Topic: Crowning Words of Awesome  (Read 31787 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Crowning Words of Awesome
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »
“now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. the general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! it is by attention to this point that i can foresee who is likely to win or lose”

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »
"You yellow dogs, you thought I'd never make it home from the land of Troy. You took my house to plunder, twisted my maids to serve your beds. You dared bid for my wife while I was still alive. Contempt was all you had for the gods who rule wide heaven, contempt for what men say of you hereafter. Your last hour has come. You die in blood."
- Odysseus, from The Odyssey (Fitzgerald translation), Book XXII, "Death in the Great Hall"

But you just know there was the one guy who had just showed up that same day to see what the story was with the line of other guys queuing out the door. And he gets Odysseus'd. Bad day.

Wasn't that Iros, the beggar who fought with Odysseus?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »
"Tell your assassin to aim for her head, because she doesn't have a heart!" - Random Salarian worker in ME2
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 08:35:23 pm »
"I travelled across the world. From the ruins of New York, to the fusion mills of China, right across the radiation pits of Europe. And everywhere I went I saw people just like you, living as slaves! But if Martha Jones became a legend then that's wrong, because my name isn't important. There's someone else. The man who sent me out there, the man who told me to walk the Earth. And his name is The Doctor. He has saved your lives so many times and you never even knew he was there. He never stops. He never stays. He never asks to be thanked. But I've seen him, I know him... I love him... And I know what he can do."

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 09:56:01 pm »
Whereas the man of action binds his life to reason and its concepts so that he will not be swept away and lost, the scientific investigator builds his hut right next to the tower of science so that he will be able to work on it and to find shelter for himself beneath those bulwarks which presently exist. And he requires shelter, for there are frightful powers which continuously break in upon him, powers which oppose scientific "truth" with completely different kinds of "truths" which bear on their shields the most varied sorts of emblems. -Nietzsche

&

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 12:18:03 am »
Not sure if this counts, but:

"Twoflower was a tourist, the first ever seen on the Discworld. Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant idiot." - The narrator, The Colour of Magic

Not particularly deep or anything, but that line really stuck with me, possibly because I live right near a huge tourist town.

Edit: Just thought of another one:

"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle." Catch-22
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:03:39 am by Randomwolf42 »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:46 am »
The philosophers have only interpreted the world. The point is to change it.
 - Karl Marx, translated and shortened.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2012, 09:49:01 am »
The Doctor: Oh. interesting. Very Aickman Road. Seen one of these before. Abandoned. Wonder how that happened. Oh well, I suppose I'm about to find out. Rory, River, keep one Silent in eyeshot at all times. Oh, hello, sorry. Were in you in the middle of something?  Just had to say though, have you seen what’s on the telly? Oh, hello, Amy!  You all right, want to watch some television?  The Doctor: Ah, no, stay where you are! 'Cause look at me, I'm confident. You wanna watch that, me when I'm confident. Oh and this is my friend River. Nice hair, clever, has her own gun. And unlike me she really doesn't mind shooting people. I shouldn't like that, kinda do a bit.
River: Thank you, Sweetie.
The Doctor: I know you're team players and everything, but she'll definitely kill at least the first three of you.
River: Oh the first seven, easily.
The Doctor: Seven. Really?
River: Oh, eight for you, honey.
The Doctor: Stop it.
River: Make me.
The Doctor: Yeah well, maybe I will.
Amy: Is this really important, flirting? Because I feel like I should be higher on the list right now.
The Doctor: Yes. Right. Sorry. As I was saying, my [] friend here is going to kill the first three of you that attack, plus him behind. So maybe you want to draw lots or have a quiz.
Amy: What's he got?
Rory: Something, I hope.
The Doctor: Or maybe you could just listen a minute. Because all I really want to do is accept your total surrender and then I'll let you go in peace. Yes, you've been interfering in human history for thousands of years. Yes, people have suffered and died. But what's the point in two hearts if you can't be a bit forgiving now and then? Oh. The Silence. You guys take that seriously, don't you? Okay, you got me. I'm lying. I'm not really going to let you go that easily. Nice thought but it's not Christmas. First. You tell me about the girl. Who is she, why is she important? What's she for?. Guys? Sorry, but you're way out of time. Now, come on, a bit of history for you. Aren't you proud, 'cause you helped! Do you know how many people are watching this live on the telly? Half a billion and that's nothing, because the human race will spread out among the stars. You just watch them fly. Billions and billions of them for billions and billions of years and every single one of them, at some point in their lives, will look back at this man taking that very first step and they will never ever forget it. Oh, but they'll forget this bit. [on the phone] Ready?
Canton: Ready. [presses Amy's phone to a transmitter, which activates a receiver in the lunar module]
Neil Armstrong: That's one small step for man...
[The transmission is interrupted by Canton's previous recording of a Silent]
Silent: [repeatedly] You should kill us all on sight.
The Doctor: [overlaying shots of humanity rising up against the Silence] You've given the order for your own execution and the whole planet just heard you.
Neil Armstrong: ...one giant leap for mankind.
The Doctor: And one whacking great kick up the backside for the Silence! You just raised an army against yourself! And now, for a thousand generations, you'll be ordering them to destroy you every day. How fast can you run? Because today's the day the human race throw you off their planet. They won't even know they're doing it. I think, quite possibly, the word you're looking for right now is "Oops". Run! Guys, I mean us! Run!
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2012, 03:39:55 pm »
"Anyone who weeps for them, weeps for corruption"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 08:16:35 am »
"It's not that I'm lazy.  I just don't care."  (from Office Space)

"I excel at not giving a sh**."  (George in Dead Like Me)
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 11:25:16 am »
Pretty pretty walks the night, pretty pretty fears the light.

Pretty pretty has no soul, pretty pretty black as coal.

Step in shadow, left a husk, killed in moments after dusk.

Step in shadow you are prey, pray you live to see the day.

Sleep the street and see the dark, death becomes a lyric lark.

Walk in Shadow as the guild, see the war that leaves them killed.

See the flow from wound and neck! Was that your friend? Well best you check!

Members gone and guild will fail! Best you fight the tooth and nail!

Run you can't, the war will find! To haunt your dreams and haunt your mind!

Watch your friends and watch the death! Watch their eyes and hold your breath!

Join or die!

You cannot Flee!

Watch the death... In front of... me...

In
front
of
me...

AaaaahhhHHAhahAHah!!!

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eymber

• Neonate
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 10:15:28 pm »
"There's a time to pray, and there's a time to fight.. Anything can be a weapon when you're holding it right."

"Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future."

"The hardest part of ending is starting again."

"You'll never share in love until you love yourself."

"Forget regret."

"Arise and be all that you dream."

"...Down where I am, there's no bitter end at all. This bitterness is endless, it's going on and on. I don't want to hold you, I don't want to see you, death compares love, is grace."

"Was I bewitched so by the thin red line, To notice not that time released its hold And let pale Iris snip the silver twine? To steal sweet youth before it turned to gold, when razor's edge did charm me like the moon."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 08:02:53 pm »
“there are no choices. nothing but a straight line. the illusion comes afterwards, when you ask "why me?" and "what if?". when you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. if you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions.”

“i hate this world and everything in it! it's disgusting! it reeks! i can hardly breathe! the flowers. the trees. the earth. the water. the birds. the villages. the towns. the mountains. but what makes me absolutely sick is the people here!

you blindly put yourselves at the center of the universe, every last one of you. envious! malicious! and even after all that you still think you're in the right! jealousy. hatred. arrogance. betrayal. insolence. deception. those are the true natures of human beings! you're sickening. even thinking about it now makes me physically ill! you're all hyopcritical fakes! every last one of you: useless.

and that's why i've decided to kill you all.”

"Yes... and what are they without the force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it, more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster, as they try to hold a lightsaber, and all you will see is nothing more than a woman -- or a man. A child."

"is it going to hurt? it's a blade. it's made of blade."

&

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »
"Speaking the truth simply because it [is] the right thing to do, without speculating whether it [will] lead somewhere tomorrow, or the next day, or ever...[means] that someone [is] not supporting the government of lies."
--Vaclav Havel

"In the world where I choose to live, even the coldest winter must yield to agents of spring and the darkest view of human nature must eventually find room for shafts of light."
--Madeleine Albright
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:16 pm »
Hannah, can you hear me? Wherever you are, look up, Hannah. The clouds are lifting. The sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world, a kindlier world, where men will rise above their hate, their greed and brutality. Look up, Hannah. The soul of man has been given wings, and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow — into the light of hope, into the future, the glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up.
 - Charlie chaplain
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.