Author Topic: Roseanne Barr for... President?!  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Roseanne Barr for... President?!
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:17 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/jokes-aside-roseanne-barr-president-155715353--abc-news.html

Roseanne Barr is not kidding around. The comedian and star of the hit TV series "Roseanne" has jumped into the presidential race.

Barr filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission Jan. 27. She will be running for the nomination of the Green Party.

"We are very happy that Roseanne has put her hat into the ring and we welcome her to the competition for the Green Party's nomination," party national media coordinator Scott McLarty said.

Barr, 59, is one of two candidates seeking the Green Party nomination. Jill Stein, a Massachusetts physician, is the other candidate. The party will go through a similar nominating process as Republicans and Democrats.

Oh dear...

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Roseanne Barr for... President?!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:10:31 pm »
I don't even really like Roseanne.  Having said that, I think she's probably better than the entire Republican field combined.  Of course, that's easy to do when you're adding negatives. :P
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 04:17:06 pm »
Barr/Colbert 2012

Hey, Ahnold and Reagan were actors.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:43:58 pm »
She doesn't have the slightest chance of getting nominated.

It's a shame that the Green Party isn't a serious political contender. The person that they're probably going to nominate seems like a better choice than Obama and every Republican candidate combined.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:38:31 pm »
Warning: Long.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP2agtnd4mw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP2agtnd4mw</a>

I'm not sure how well she will do. She hasn't held any major political office.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:49:22 pm »
I don't even really like Roseanne.  Having said that, I think she's probably better than the entire Republican field combined.  Of course, that's easy to do when you're adding negatives. :P

The sad thing is, she might even be better to Sir Caves-A-Lot Obama, the way things are going.

I'm not sure how well she will do. She hasn't held any major political office.

Which is exactly why I would vote for this woman.  Intelligent, and not yet corrupted by political power.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »
I'd vote for her.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 06:08:27 pm »
Roseanne is a little... out there though. She's had a lot of mental problems so I hold concern in that area. I do agree with a lot of her positions tho.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »
She doesn't have the slightest chance of getting nominated.

It's a shame that the Green Party isn't a serious political contender. The person that they're probably going to nominate seems like a better choice than Obama and every Republican candidate combined.
That's because 1. our political system is fucked up, 2. most of those who seem like they would be considered a green; continue to bitch about election 2000, and would rather hold their noses and vote for"the lesser of the two evils"

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 06:44:55 pm »
This is why we need Instant Runoff Voting. And a lot of other things

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »
Roseanne is a little... out there though. She's had a lot of mental problems so I hold concern in that area. I do agree with a lot of her positions tho.

She says she has DID, and believes that it was caused by the so-called "Project Monarch" program, a supposedly super secret CIA/Illuminati operation to created mind controlled slaves using trauma-based torture on children in order to create multiples (up to hundreds of thousands of personalities that each have a programmed purpose.) There are Youtube videos of her speaking about it and there is a Larry King interview transcript somewhere. Basically she believes in this rather implausible conspiracy theory.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »
I thought mental problems are an asset for a politician. 
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 07:12:27 am »

She says she has DID, and believes that it was caused by the so-called "Project Monarch" program, a supposedly super secret CIA/Illuminati operation to created mind controlled slaves using trauma-based torture on children in order to create multiples (up to hundreds of thousands of personalities that each have a programmed purpose.) There are Youtube videos of her speaking about it and there is a Larry King interview transcript somewhere. Basically she believes in this rather implausible conspiracy theory.

Still saner than Ron Paul.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 12:18:31 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/jokes-aside-roseanne-barr-president-155715353--abc-news.html

Roseanne Barr is not kidding around. The comedian and star of the hit TV series "Roseanne" has jumped into the presidential race.

Barr filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission Jan. 27. She will be running for the nomination of the Green Party.

"We are very happy that Roseanne has put her hat into the ring and we welcome her to the competition for the Green Party's nomination," party national media coordinator Scott McLarty said.

Barr, 59, is one of two candidates seeking the Green Party nomination. Jill Stein, a Massachusetts physician, is the other candidate. The party will go through a similar nominating process as Republicans and Democrats.

Oh dear...

I would even apply for american citizenship just to vote for her.
 She smokes ganja, so she probably has a btter grasp on reality than any other candidate since Eisenhower.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »
Only way I'd push for her to be in the white house was if she could get John Goodman to play her husband again
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball