Author Topic: "I'm not here to educate you"  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: "I'm not here to educate you"
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:15 am »
Oh, that's another one. Whenever a person disagrees with a conservative, this must be because they are ignorant. It cannot possibly be a legitimate difference of views, or even a fuckup on the part of the ignorant conservative; you're either ignorant or in agreement. Those are the two possibilities.

That one cuts both ways. Look at how often people on this board call conservatives stupid or uneducated.

I'm very careful to acknowledge when there is some area of legitimate disagreement. This is quite rare. I can't speak for anyone else.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: "I'm not here to educate you"
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »
I'm willing to give credit where credit is due, and even conservatives have important parts of an overall working mechanism.  The problem is people who engage in willful ignorance, even when presented with ample facts and evidence to refute their claims.  Just because someone is in [insert party with which I disagree here] doesn't mean they're stupid, they and their claims might be more suspect than if they were of a more agreeable political persuasion, but you can't fight human nature THAT much.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.