Author Topic: Was Ben Carson Attacked By A Brain-Sucking Were-Boar Monster?!!  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
What the heck happened to him? Did a wookalar sneak into his bedroom one night and suck his brains out through his nose?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoBgNR_up1A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoBgNR_up1A</a>
(I asked this same question and posted this video on a comments section at the Americans Against The Tea Party news site.)

His very existence defies explanation. This guy was once a super-intelligent, brilliant and renowned pediatric neurosurgeon....a role model! He was the first to successfully separate conjoined twins who were joined at the head! A man who saved countless lives of young children! A man who was surely intelligent! A black man from an impoverished childhood who managed to rise to the top!

You'd think this guy would be open to Progressive values, sympathetic to his fellow blacks, a rejector of stuff like wingnuttery & creationism.....

.....but here he is, embracing the worst of wingnuttery! Embracing Far-Right insanity of ALL stripes!

It boggles my mind! WHY?! What happened?!!!

It wouldn't be so weird if he was simply a Conservative....but this guy isn't a Conservative....He's a WINGNUT!

This guy used to be inspiring & noble...a man to look up to.....

I don't get it.

This also leads to another thing concerning a guy who was cuckoo from the start.....Paul Ryan....and his intense love of the super Far-Left rock band RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-morello-paul-ryan-is-the-embodiment-of-the-machine-our-music-rages-against-20120816
I've heard of "Just liking something for the music", but this is ridiculous!

It's like being a gay, trans, black, Muslim, feminist Leftist who's a huge fan of Skrewdriver!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skrewdriver

Ben Carson's wookalar victimization and Paul Ryan's Rage fandom......Some things are just too weird to try to explain.

Any thoughts or theories, fellow posters?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:17:11 am by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Was Ben Carson Attacked By A Brain-Sucking Were-Boar Monster?!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 04:06:10 pm »
I've heard that it's easier for smart people to convince themselves of utterly insane things.

As for Ryan, I don't know.  Maybe he sees himself as a rebel, which, depending on your perspective, might actually be true.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:08:49 pm »
My theory: it's medicine.

Many doctors have a huge chip on their shoulder. They can be easily convinced of something by a seemingly authoritative source, and then it's impossible to convince them otherwise. This is because 1) they've spent years learning something very complicated and 2) there hasn't been much emphasis on critical thinking. Therefore, they (often) have a totally reasonable and justified arrogance. Except, outside their field they know about as much as the average shmo.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:13:34 pm »
It could also be that sometimes people can be really really good at some things and really really bad at others.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:55:42 pm »
A black man from an impoverished childhood who managed to rise to the top!

It's not unusual for people like that to start buying into the bootstraps thing.

Other than that, no idea other than law of large numbers. The exact way political beliefs are shaped is complicated and poorly understood. You can never have 100% certainty that someone from a certain background and a certain educational level, etc. will have specific political beliefs. By chance, some people will end up having beliefs exactly opposite to what you'd expect given everything else you know about them.

As for Paul Ryan, well, I honestly couldn't tell you the political affiliation of most of the musicians I like. Odds are I strongly disagree with some of them on any number of issues. I don't think that's odd.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 12:08:26 pm »
My theory: it's medicine.

Many doctors have a huge chip on their shoulder. They can be easily convinced of something by a seemingly authoritative source, and then it's impossible to convince them otherwise. This is because 1) they've spent years learning something very complicated and 2) there hasn't been much emphasis on critical thinking. Therefore, they (often) have a totally reasonable and justified arrogance. Except, outside their field they know about as much as the average shmo.

It could also be that sometimes people can be really really good at some things and really really bad at others.

Makes sense. He probably studied so hard that his brain exploded. He's probably a genius in only one subject (brain surgery) and a total dingbat in others. Throw in the fact that he's probably a hardcore narcissistic and it makes sense. Even some reviews of his autobiography, "Gifted Hands", which was written back when he was considered a positive role model, state that his writing style was too self-aggrandizing & self-promotional. Many black youth may have been given an inspiring story of one black man's rise to the top against the odds....but that black man seemed waaaaay too full of himself.

Like a lot of these wingnuts, I doubt they believe some of the stuff they say. It's all about manipulation, power & control. Dr. Carson is simply a sociopath. The REAL Ben Carson has emerged and it's FUGLY!

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:10:14 am »
It's possible that Dr. Carson's religion was always important to him, and like many other people, he decided that it wasn't a la carte, but rather that he had to accept all the stuff that some denominations bring to the table. And Dr. Carson's denomination brought homophobia.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 09:28:21 am »
It's possible that Dr. Carson's religion was always important to him, and like many other people, he decided that it wasn't a la carte, but rather that he had to accept all the stuff that some denominations bring to the table. And Dr. Carson's denomination brought homophobia.

Which I find more than a little ironic considering he might not have had the opportunities he had if it weren't for a certain gay man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayard_Rustin

In fact, the same could be said about countless African-American homophobes.

Offline Jessibel

• Neonate
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 12:16:28 am »

I think this is it. When I was 12 or 13 we read his autobiography "Gifted Hands" in school. I seem to remember him being pretty vocal about his religion. And a little weird. One passage of the book describes how when he was a teenager he would go into enormous fits of rage, smashing stuff and scaring his family. He felt he had no control over them. After one very bad episode he locked himself in a room for hours, praying until the lord took his anger away. He claims he never had one of these fits again. I remember just being like wtf after reading that.

Offline Jessibel

• Neonate
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 12:39:59 am »
As for Paul Ryan, well, I honestly couldn't tell you the political affiliation of most of the musicians I like. Odds are I strongly disagree with some of them on any number of issues. I don't think that's odd.

I would say that for most musicians this is true, however Rage Against the Machine is known as much for being very vocal about politics as they are for their music. And the majority of their songs are pretty in your face, so even if you don't follow what the band gets up to, if you even half pay attention to the lyrics you'd realize they hate everything rightwinger stand for.

Sample Lyrics:

Killing in the Name Of: Chorus is literally a repetition of "Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses." (Calling out racist cops before it was cool.)

Bulls on Parade:
Weapons not food, not homes, not shoes
Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal
I walk tha corner to tha rubble that used to be a library
Line up to tha mind cemetary now
What we don't know keeps tha contracts alive an movin'
They don't gotta burn tha books they just remove 'em
While arms warehouses fill as quick as tha cells
Rally round tha family, pockets full of shells

Sleep Now in the Fire:
The lie is my expense
The scope with my desire