Author Topic: Anti-Rape Activist Admits to Committing Rape  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Anti-Rape Activist Admits to Committing Rape
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »
https://archive.is/5cNx8

Or "non-consensual sex," as she calls it.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Anti-Rape Activist Admits to Committing Rape
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:14:04 pm »
"Its not rape, its just non-consensual sex!"

A statement almost as ridiculous as "I didn't kill him, I just stopped him from being alive. I...unalived him."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:07:04 pm »
"Its not rape, its just non-consensual sex!"

A statement almost as ridiculous as "I didn't kill him, I just stopped him from being alive. I...unalived him."

...she didn't say it wasn't rape? Not sure where you got that from.

Anyway. The fuck.
Σא

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:56:37 pm »
I just read the entire article. Quite a story. I can't process it yet, in all it's implications and counter implications.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 09:50:11 pm »
Nothing churns my stomach more than a hypocrite.

Supposed Feminist & anti-rape activists who commit what they preach against deserve a special place in Inferno.

It's a give-in when reactionaries & wingnuts are hypocrites but when supposedly non-reactionary social-justice activists commit the heinous acts they decry, it's extra-horrid.

This horrible woman....Ben Schoen....Hugo Schwyzer....people like this make it harder to fight injustice.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 08:45:59 pm »
I don't see her as a hypocrite in this. She thought that something was all hunky dory and when told by the other party it wasn't, she immediately resigned all her roles, made a public statement and confessed to a whole lot of other stuff in a manner that reminds me of the scene with Chunk and the blender in Goonies. No one would know about any of this but for her action. She is off to get alcohol counseling.

She didn't name the other party, question their veracity or try to sweep it under the rug (as I'm pretty sure she could have). She didn't even question how the other person said it happened.

Short of committing 'hari kari' and handing herself into the police to be punished I'm not sure what she could have done. What would be interesting is whether the victim will make a police complaint and whether she will then plead guilty.