Author Topic: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread  (Read 9169 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 10:02:15 pm »
Still can't see the connection between British Pakistanis and Syrian Refugees aside from the fact that both are mostly Muslim. Pakistanis have been a large community in Britain for generations.

They're not exactly the same, true, but there's always the chance that something like this might happen when it comes to the refugees.  Already, we're seeing accusations that there was some kind of cover-up regarding Cologne, and we know Reddit tried to bury the story.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »
Reddit is a credible news source now?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 01:48:48 pm »
There was a big controversy about /r/WorldNews deleting threads about the Cologne story.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 01:55:40 pm »
Define 'big'

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 02:49:45 pm »
...I was waiting to get a non-Finnish or Swedish article on this:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35343392

It's not like you would need to do anything to make the Soldiers of Odin looks like clowns. I mean aside from all the things about their name you should know that they only "patrol" the downtown area (which is safe) and they do it 19:30-20:30... But as usual those who support the SoO are now sending death and/or rape threats to Loldiers of Odin members and calling them "traitors."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 03:21:59 pm »
Loldiers of Odin. Beautiful. Almost Pastafarian.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 05:11:50 am »
Strongly against, electrify the gates. Guard em, keep them out before its too late.

Too late for what?  What do you think is going to happen?

Are Syrian refugees more likely to be rapists, or are Syrian rapists just given more attention because they can be used to promote anti-refugee bigotry?

Now I can believe that the percentage of migrants who are rapists might be higher then the percentage of Europeans, due to feminism being further behind in the middle east, but I'd still need some evidence.  At any rate the majority of Syrian refugees are not rapists.  Should we really deny safety to a non-rapist because he came from the same country as a rapist?  Americans are more likely to shoot people then Canadians, should we ban Americans from entering Canada over this?

Anyway as a partly Irishman, this blog post struck a chord with me
http://whistlinginthewind.org/2015/12/09/muslims-are-the-new-irish/

They are incompatible with us.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 09:04:32 am »
Strongly against, electrify the gates. Guard em, keep them out before its too late.

Are Syrian refugees more likely to be rapists, or are Syrian rapists just given more attention because they can be used to promote anti-refugee bigotry?

Now I can believe that the percentage of migrants who are rapists might be higher then the percentage of Europeans, due to feminism being further behind in the middle east, but I'd still need some evidence.  At any rate the majority of Syrian refugees are not rapists.  Should we really deny safety to a non-rapist because he came from the same country as a rapist?  Americans are more likely to shoot people then Canadians, should we ban Americans from entering Canada over this?

That's only because they're never given a chance to actually assimilate.  It takes longer than a couple of weeks, Deimos.  Hell, it takes more than a couple of weeks to assimilate with an internet forum, imagine how long it takes to do the same with an actual country with actual culture.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 09:25:44 am »

No, the Syrian refugees, like ourselves, are perfectly compatible. While socialized differently, we share the same human qualities. They feel pain, they love, and they want acceptance. That is why they flee for their lives: so that they can hopefully one day live in peace with the loved ones they have left. To turn our backs on them puts some of the blood for their inevitable slaughter on our hands, and we, as humans, are better than that.

The only thing "incompatible" here is your xenophobic rhetoric with common intelligence and basic human values.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

pyro

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 09:36:17 am »

"Muslims are the new Catholics" would probably be more accurate, or "Syrians are the new Irish."

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 10:00:27 pm »

That's not an answer.  Let's say that's true, it isn't but I'll pretend it is, what is going to happen?  What horrible thing will occur if Noujain Mustaffa is allowed to live in the EU or North America?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 07:17:11 am »

That's not an answer.  Let's say that's true, it isn't but I'll pretend it is, what is going to happen?  What horrible thing will occur if Noujain Mustaffa is allowed to live in the EU or North America?

Wheelchair girl guilt doesnt work on me, try it on someone else.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:15 am »

Maybe cause they're fucking human beings, with lives and feelings... who are about to be slaughtered. And, on our part, opening our borders to them is an insignificant burden. Oh, wait, I forgot that you're an edgelord "sociopath." phbththt.

* The_Queen goes to work

Fuck it, fuck it all I say.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:27:38 am by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:14 am »

Besides the point.  No terrible thing will happen if we allow refugees into the west.  You aren't even attempting to explain why you're paranoid of them.

Say what you will about Ultimate Paragon, at least he makes an argument.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 11:54:56 am »
Gonna have to agree with Queen here, Hof.  Some of the migrants are assholes, yeah, but most of them are victims of war who just want shelter.  We cannot, in good conscience, bar them from entry simply because you think they're "incompatible."  People used to say that about the Chinese, the Italians, the Poles.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:57:12 am by Ultimate Paragon »