Author Topic: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread  (Read 9168 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 12:46:26 pm »
He's an Australian bogan who takes the piss out of anyone trying to have a "safe" space.

Ironbite-what do you guys expect?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 01:11:10 pm »
He's an Australian bogan who takes the piss out of anyone trying to have a "safe" space.

Which is ironic, considering he wants to turn the entire Western (read: white) world into a "safe space" from Teh Evol Mudslimes.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 03:48:54 pm »

Which is ironic, considering he wants to turn the entire Western (read: white) world into a "safe space" from Teh Evol Mudslimes.

I think there is serious danger of a singularity occurring because right now - UP, Ironbite, the Queen and I all agree.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 03:58:46 pm »
I'm not sure where you got that from Dave but Hof really doesn't want to do anything like that.

Ironbite-he's being a bogan is what he's being.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

I think there is serious danger of a singularity occurring because right now - UP, Ironbite, the Queen and I all agree.

I'm going to go check the weather forecast in Hell. And then see if any pig farmers noticed their livestock flying away.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 04:10:00 pm »
I'm not sure where you got that from Dave but Hof really doesn't want to do anything like that.

Ironbite-he's being a bogan is what he's being.

Bogans here fucking hate and fear anyone who is different. We grew here, you flew here. So being present by an accident of Birth is somehow more meritorious than deciding this is where you want to live. Fuck I hate bogans. Cronulla rioting, flag wearing bogans who worry that Sharia law is going to take over the sunshine coast. Wankers.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »
Wheelchair girl guilt doesnt work on me, try it on someone else.

Besides the point.  No terrible thing will happen if we allow refugees into the west.  You aren't even attempting to explain why you're paranoid of them.

Say what you will about Ultimate Paragon, at least he makes an argument.

On the incredivly rare occasion I let one of my positions known, I don't defend it. No internet argument is worth more than snark.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »
Wheelchair girl guilt doesnt work on me, try it on someone else.

Besides the point.  No terrible thing will happen if we allow refugees into the west.  You aren't even attempting to explain why you're paranoid of them.

Say what you will about Ultimate Paragon, at least he makes an argument.

On the incredivly rare occasion I let one of my positions known, I don't defend it. No internet argument is worth more than snark.

No statement without anything to back it up is worth anything at all.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 02:00:51 am »
...Isn't the whole point of this forum arguing about politics on the internet?  It's perfectly reasonable to have no interest in internet arguments but I'm baffled as to why you'd be on a site like this.  Especially if you're not doing any snark.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 02:04:51 am »
Speaking as a child of European migrants myself, I think we did a mighty fine job colonizing this great nation we call the USA.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 02:55:07 am »
...Isn't the whole point of this forum arguing about politics on the internet?  It's perfectly reasonable to have no interest in internet arguments but I'm baffled as to why you'd be on a site like this.  Especially if you're not doing any snark.

I've been here for a looooooooong time, s'why Rav called me Deimos, which was changed like....5 years ago?. Was a touch different back in the day, was slightly more focused when I joined
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 11:30:26 pm »
Well, here's another thing that happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/europe/sweden-asylum-seeker-stabs-woman/index.html

I really hope this doesn't lead to a backlash against refugees.  Either way, the far-right is gonna use her death for political points, I guarantee it.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 02:43:55 am »
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/420a9b5e-b946-11e5-a7cc-280dfe875e28.html#axzz3yKlSGNvD

Denmark is planning a law which would allow the government to confisgate all valuables (except those of sentimental value and a small minimum sum of money) from refugees... Apparently the money gained by this would be used to cover the expenses that come from helping the refugees. Apart from being a horrible and inhuman process I doubt it could actually create profits since most refugees are poor. And it would put the refugees in even worse position as even the ones with enough cash to start a new life would be reduced to poverty.

...Also since, at least in Finland, one of the major points in our constitution is that laws are the same for everyone shouldn't this mean that anyone who applies for assistance from government should have all their property and belongings seized?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 09:28:38 am »
Wow. Denmark? Why u Godwin, bruh?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2016, 12:27:49 pm »
Some great German posters about the Cologne attacks and sexism.