Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 397786 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1905 on: December 02, 2017, 03:17:21 am »
Where the fuck are the guillotines?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1906 on: December 02, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »
A direct transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich that explodes the deficit more than any social program could hope to built on a piece of legislation that was rushed so hard the last part was handwritten. Fucks sake!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1907 on: December 02, 2017, 07:36:02 pm »
With Trump being largely unfavorable, and the GOP failing to pass a very unpopular healthcare reform and now trying to pass a very unpopular tax reform. I'm expecting a trouncing of the GOP next year.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1908 on: December 02, 2017, 08:29:41 pm »
With Trump being largely unfavorable, and the GOP failing to pass a very unpopular healthcare reform and now trying to pass a very unpopular tax reform. I'm expecting a trouncing of the GOP next year.

Don't. People are idiots. They've demonstrated this before and they're going to demonstrate it again. They'll vote for anyone with an R in their name if it means making "dem durn fuckin' libtards" mad.

Don't expect good things out of this. It's not going to happen.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1909 on: December 02, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »
It's darkly ironic that a government elected on nativist/xenophobic/ultra nationalist sentiment just sold their country down the river to a bunch of multinational corporations that clearly don't give a single fuck about them!

Will a trillion dollar debt and fatter billionaires MAGA? Not bloody likely!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:06:45 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1910 on: December 02, 2017, 10:47:41 pm »
I think the again time he's referring to is the 1930s. Remember that time when people were really rich and wealthy and then the economy tanked in one of the most devastating financial crisis the world has ever seen? Well I'm Donald Trump and I'm gonna get us back to that time!

I think the next slogan the dems should run on in the 2020 presidential election is Make America Great Again. Just to really troll Trump.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1911 on: December 05, 2017, 03:13:11 pm »
Aand Trump just got hold of a telephone and told the leaders of the Arab.and Muslim worlds that he's gonna put the US embassy in Jerusalem. Ankara is so pissed they're threatening to cut ties. Where the fuck is his babysitter?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1912 on: December 05, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »
Oh, and now Mueller has issued a subpoena to Deutsche Bank for Trump's financial records.

And Trump is freaking the fuck out.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1913 on: December 05, 2017, 04:09:12 pm »
Oh, and now Mueller has issued a subpoena to Deutsche Bank for Trump's financial records.

And Trump is freaking the fuck out.

FAKE NEWS™! Nobody is interested in checking if Russian banks bought Trump's loans from Deutche Bank. Lugenp... I mean lying press lies again like the lying liars they are! Sad!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1914 on: December 05, 2017, 11:33:39 pm »
Trump: Himmwer! HIMMWER! I DON'T WANT MULLER GOING ANY FURTHER!! WAAAH

Pence: For one, my name is Mike Pence, not Himmler. And two, compose yourself with a little decency and grace, will you?

Trump: WAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1915 on: December 05, 2017, 11:38:40 pm »
This just keeps getting better and better.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1916 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:09 am »
Yeah, but it also came out that Pence tried to get Trump kicked off the GOP ticket after the Access Hollywood tape came out. I bet Trump's trying to find any means he can to get Pence to quit since he'd see that as a personal betrayal.

EDIT: http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/metoo-movement-silence-breakers-time-magazine-person-of-the-year-1.4435005

Serial sexual harasser Donald Trump thought he'd be Time's Person of the Year. Instead, it's all the people who came forward about being sexually harassed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/democrat-al-green-vote-impeach-donald-trump-1.4434969

Rep. Al Green plans to force a vote on impeaching Trump.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:34:27 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1917 on: December 06, 2017, 09:58:33 am »
Yeah, uhm...if it gets out that Russia basically bought him, wouldn't that mean that Trump, at the very least, would be guilty of actual, literal treason?  If he is, he will certainly be remembered.  Right alongside the likes of Nixon, except he'd be the first President to ever be both impeached and subsequently put to death (I believe treason still carries the death penalty) for treason.

That's not counting anyone who might've colluded with the whole ordeal.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1918 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
https://slate.com/business/2017/12/senate-republicans-may-have-made-a-usd260-billion-mistake-in-their-tax-bill.html

...Ooops.

TL;DR by someone:
Took me a while to get my head around what has happened, but what I understand is: They lowered the corporate rate to 20% and removed the AMT. Then at the last minute the AMT goes back in, but instead of being inserted at a rate lower than the corporate tax rate (which is what it is supposed to be because it is an alternative minimum rate) it was left at its old rate, which happens to be 20%, exactly the same as the new actual corporate tax rate.

So the "alternative minimum" rate is now just "the rate" - which is a huge blow to companies which spend a lot of time and effort trying to pay the AMT and not the usual rate of corporate tax.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1919 on: December 07, 2017, 03:52:16 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/opinions/trump-jerusalem-arab-credibility-opinion-khalid/index.html

It's getting to be the natural order of things, isn't it? Fish swim, birds fly, grass grows, and Trump makes really bad decisions.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.