Author Topic: Europe was the birthplace of mankind, not Africa, scientists find  (Read 8284 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
This is a new evolutionary theory that may change the Out of Africa Theory. Scientists have found a new fossil of what they think is a newly discovered hominin. They found these fossils in Greece and Bulgaria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

Currently, most experts believe that our human lineage split from apes around seven million years ago in central Africa, where hominids remained for the next five million years before venturing further afield.

But two fossils of an ape-like creature which had human-like teeth have been found in Bulgaria and Greece, dating to 7.2 million years ago.

The discovery of the creature, named Graecopithecus freybergi, and nicknameded ‘El Graeco' by scientists, proves our ancestors were already starting to evolve in Europe 200,000 years before the earliest African hominid.

An international team of researchers say the findings entirely change the beginning of human history and place the last common ancestor of both chimpanzees and humans - the so-called Missing Link - in the Mediterranean region.
"To some extent this is a newly discovered missing link"Professor Nikolai Spassov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences

I think this is fascinating because this may be the oldest fossil of a hominin ever found and the fact that it was found in Europe is making scientists question the current theory that we emerged from Africa. I just wonder what other developments might actually come from this.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Europe was the birthplace of mankind, not Africa, scientists find
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:59:24 pm »
This is a new evolutionary theory that may change the Out of Africa Theory. Scientists have found a new fossil of what they think is a newly discovered hominin. They found these fossils in Greece and Bulgaria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/22/europe-birthplace-mankind-not-africa-scientists-find/

Currently, most experts believe that our human lineage split from apes around seven million years ago in central Africa, where hominids remained for the next five million years before venturing further afield.

But two fossils of an ape-like creature which had human-like teeth have been found in Bulgaria and Greece, dating to 7.2 million years ago.

The discovery of the creature, named Graecopithecus freybergi, and nicknameded ‘El Graeco' by scientists, proves our ancestors were already starting to evolve in Europe 200,000 years before the earliest African hominid.

An international team of researchers say the findings entirely change the beginning of human history and place the last common ancestor of both chimpanzees and humans - the so-called Missing Link - in the Mediterranean region.
"To some extent this is a newly discovered missing link"Professor Nikolai Spassov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences

I think this is fascinating because this may be the oldest fossil of a hominin ever found and the fact that it was found in Europe is making scientists question the current theory that we emerged from Africa. I just wonder what other developments might actually come from this.

Question: Do you use the echos symbol around the names and pronouns of Jewish people? Because I saw this article and similarly titled threads on several anti-Semitic sites, and I'm curious.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:12:59 am »
Agreeing with Queen on this one - it seems this has been particularly circulated around on anti-semitic and far right sites.

Even if these fossils were truly found there, neither the Greeks nor the Bulgarians are exactly what the far right would find to be their "Aryan Ancestors". Lest we forget, Bulgarians are a Slavic Racial Group (Nazis like the ones on those anti-semitic sites HATE the Slavs), and the Greeks became horny bisexuals and a divided people where no one city state for most of their history dominated the country.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 03:48:45 am »
I'm not sure if those new fossils actually change much.

I mean, the "monkey-things to humans" evolution wasn't a single step transformation with just one "missing link" because evolution is more gradual. So they found fossils which presumably belong to our ancestors from Europe, but since the fossils of another ancestor to us in Africa are younger that means that those creatures or their descendants then moved to African continent and evolution continued there and eventually lead to humans or am I completely misunderstanding this?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 04:19:22 am »
No, you're right.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 09:04:50 pm »
Agreeing with Queen on this one - it seems this has been particularly circulated around on anti-semitic and far right sites.

Even if these fossils were truly found there, neither the Greeks nor the Bulgarians are exactly what the far right would find to be their "Aryan Ancestors". Lest we forget, Bulgarians are a Slavic Racial Group (Nazis like the ones on those anti-semitic sites HATE the Slavs), and the Greeks became horny bisexuals and a divided people where no one city state for most of their history dominated the country.

Well, that among other things has my interest. The first thing that raised a red flag was the manner that the findings were stated. Typically, scientists phrase findings in a restrictive manner (i.e. assuming a binary, instead of saying "we find that X is 1" they would say "we find that X is not 0"). That piqued my interest into a bit of research, where several anti-Semitic websites came to the forefront. Several of the sites used the echos, and considering Radiation's recent political shift, racially tinged statements in the Donald Trump thread, and her newfound fondness for the alt-right, I wanted to ask a question to this effect. I felt that limiting it to the echos was also a good tactic because it is specific, whereas "are you anti-Semitic" is more abstract.

Also, I PM'd my question to Radiation. Not to beat a dead-horse, but due to her lack of presence, I felt it was the best way to ensure that I get an answer when she did show up.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:24 pm »
I think I should point out that I stumbled upon the old FQA/FSTDT thread on Kiwi Farms a couple months ago. And guess who was there whining about us being SJWs and supposedly being dog piled because she "made the mistake" of saying she voted for Trump.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that she's long gone in more ways than one.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:56:23 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 11:58:20 pm »
I think I should point out that I stumbled upon the old FQA/FSTDT thread on Kiwi Farms a couple months ago. And guess who was there whining about us being SJWs and supposedly being dog piled because she "made the mistake" of saying she voted for Trump.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that she's long gone in more ways than one.

Well, that's not nice.

ETA: I will say that Kiwi Farms was NOT one of the anti-Semitic sites I referenced. Several others stood out far more.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:12:22 am by The_Queen »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 12:02:19 am »
I thought about making a thread in Flame and Burn on it, but I decided against it because, frankly, I'd rather her fade away than give her fuel to take back to Kiwi Farms.
Who needs a signature?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12:56 am »
I thought about making a thread in Flame and Burn on it, but I decided against it because, frankly, I'd rather her fade away than give her fuel to take back to Kiwi Farms.

You mean you don't want a full out flame war with another board?

Me either for that fact, too much.... drama.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 12:20:31 am »
I think it's safe to say that we should just let Kiwi Farms fester as the hateful shit hole it is and wash our hands of it.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 10:44:47 am »
Eh. Kiwifarms folk need better hobbies but their thread about FQA amuses me.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:35:42 pm »
Personally, I'm not sure whether to be relieved or extremely disappointed that the only mention I got in that thread is that I'm one of less nutty people around here. Obviously, I need to up my dick joke game. I've been slacking off too much lately.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »
Don't think I even got mentioned once, but its been a while since I perused that thread.  Kiwifarms is what happens when people with too little IQ have too much time on their hands.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »
Personally, I'm not sure whether to be relieved or extremely disappointed that the only mention I got in that thread is that I'm one of less nutty people around here. Obviously, I need to up my dick joke game. I've been slacking off too much lately.

Seriously!?! Not even once. Do they know you're Australian? That alone is lulz-worthy. It would be less lulz-worthy if your Prime Minister could do a decent impression, but your lot just can't get anything right.