Author Topic: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign  (Read 477 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 05:30:01 pm »
Are people still arguing for the merits of "ironic" racism? FFS!

I guess you're not a Dave Chappelle fan, then.

Well Dave Chappelle isn't, he quit the show because he thought it had gone too far and that white people were laughing at it for the wrong reasons. 

As far as the whole "Are they trolls or real Nazis":

You are walking in the wilderness and the grass starts moving.  If you think "Oh shit a Tiger!" and run up the nearest tree, only for it to turn out to be just the wind, what happens?  You feel dumb for a few minutes.

If you think "Meh just the wind" and then a tiger jumps out and attacks you when your back is turned, what happens?  Congratulations, You're dead.

If you can't tell the difference it's perfectly reasonable to err to the side of caution.

Offline Lana Reverse

• Pope
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 05:55:43 pm »
Are people still arguing for the merits of "ironic" racism? FFS!

I guess you're not a Dave Chappelle fan, then.

Well Dave Chappelle isn't, he quit the show because he thought it had gone too far and that white people were laughing at it for the wrong reasons. 

As far as the whole "Are they trolls or real Nazis":

You are walking in the wilderness and the grass starts moving.  If you think "Oh shit a Tiger!" and run up the nearest tree, only for it to turn out to be just the wind, what happens?  You feel dumb for a few minutes.

If you think "Meh just the wind" and then a tiger jumps out and attacks you when your back is turned, what happens?  Congratulations, You're dead.

If you can't tell the difference it's perfectly reasonable to err to the side of caution.

And what happens if we don't err on the side of caution in this scenario?
I also pissed in an old woman's sauce pan when I was a child. Have you?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 06:01:35 pm »
You normalize and tacitly encourage and accept racism and/or naizism, and give credibility to the un-creditable "just joking" defense, depending which you were talking about.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".