Author Topic: The Ultimate Question  (Read 10048 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: The Ultimate Question
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2018, 05:10:54 am »
Jacob "Here's my idea I want you guys to believe."
FSTDT "Nah dude, don't buy it."
Jacob  "It's your fault you don't believe me and because you don't, you're wicked!"
FSTDT "WTF? Piss off, idiot!"
Jacob "Your. Fault."

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2018, 10:58:17 am »
Hey Jacob, there's an expression "Their is one thing all your bad relationships have in common: You."

If every single girl you date turns out to be a bitch, maybe they aren't, maybe the asshole is actually you and you're projecting that onto them.

You're trying to convert a bunch of people but no-one is biting.  If everyone else fails to convert, maybe that isn't because everyone else is wicked, maybe that means you're the problem.

You are a sinner too, the the greatest sin is pride.  And nothing marks a prideful person more then proclaiming "I must be right about everything, so if you don't agree you must be evil."

I know that I am a sinner and I wasn’t being prideful. I was pointing out what the Bible says about why you guys won’t convert.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:30 am »
And, again, of course the book that's trying to convince us to convert would say that we're stupid if we don't.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2018, 03:20:52 pm »
Also, I'm not wicked. But I am totally rad.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2018, 05:01:22 pm »
Jacob can I put it to you that this is probably the worst place to convert people on the web outside PZ Myers or Richard Dawkins blog. Unlike those spaces we aren't exclusively atheist but most of us have been exposed to almost every variety of bad religious arguments, FSTDT being a clearinghouse for such. We're all well acquainted with the bible, many of us were raised Christian and some, like myself, were raised Catholic.

Your problem isn't that we've never got the message, it's that we've all been guffawing at messages like yours for years now. Maybe you need an audience that's more gullible, also you'd be in more like minded company.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2018, 07:11:15 pm »
Jacob can I put it to you that this is probably the worst place to convert people on the web outside PZ Myers or Richard Dawkins blog. Unlike those spaces we aren't exclusively atheist but most of us have been exposed to almost every variety of bad religious arguments, FSTDT being a clearinghouse for such. We're all well acquainted with the bible, many of us were raised Christian and some, like myself, were raised Catholic.

Your problem isn't that we've never got the message, it's that we've all been guffawing at messages like yours for years now. Maybe you need an audience that's more gullible, also you'd be in more like minded company.

What caused you to leave Catholicism?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2018, 09:26:25 pm »
1 Don't believe in God.
2 Believe organized religion is a racket.
3 Find biblical morality inconsistant and lacking.
4 I respect that all the ritualism of Catholicism brings comfort to a lot of people and can be quite beautiful but I can live without it.
5 The RCC's stance on abortion and contraception is stupid, sexist and evil.
6 Their enabling of pedophile rapists is just plain evil.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2018, 01:46:36 am »
1 Don't believe in God.
4 I respect that all the ritualism of Catholicism brings comfort to a lot of people and can be quite beautiful but I can live without it.

But if you were raised to believe in God and the Bible, what made you not believe in God?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2018, 02:08:26 am »
1 Don't believe in God.

But if you were raised to believe in God and the Bible, what made you not believe in God?

Not being retarded, most likely.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2018, 04:02:29 am »
1 Don't believe in God.

The fact that there is no evidence for God.