Author Topic: Mike Pence, Creationist  (Read 1340 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Mike Pence, Creationist
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:49:26 pm »
I know I'm as surpirsed as all of you but it seems this little facet in the gem that is one crown jewels of Republican crown has gone unnoticed.  Well, until now.

There’s something about Donald Trump’s running mate that seems to have escaped the media narrative: he’s a radical Christian whose belief in “intelligent design” suggests he likely subscribes to the notion of a biblical young earth (around 6,000 years-old according to some, while others will allow for 10,000 years. Other believers in intelligent design will avoid the question of the earth/universe’s age altogether), and he wants this form of religious charlatanry taught in public schools.

Mike Pence‘s belief in a young earth isn’t proven, but his rhetoric is designed to pander to those who do.

When he was confronted on the subject by MSNBC’s Chris Matthews back in 2009, Pence did everything he could to avoid acknowledging the scientific fact of evolution. It was a pathetic display of pandering to the anti-science religious voter.

But during his tenure as a U.S. Congressman, Pence wasn’t so evasive.

During an impassioned speech on the House floor in 2002, Pence regurgitated the ignorant ‘evolution is only a theory’ theme, and declared that “intelligent design” should be taught to children as a scientific alternative with equal weight.

“I believe that God created the known universe, the earth and everything in it, including man,” Pence said. “And I also believe that someday scientists will come to see that only the theory of intelligent design provides even a remotely rational explanation for the known universe.”

“I would simply and humbly ask, can we teach it as such and can we also consider teaching other theories of the origin of species?” Pence continued. “Like the theory that was believed in by every signer of the Declaration of Independence. Every signer of the Declaration of Independence believed that men and women were created and were endowed by that same Creator with certain unalienable rights. The Bible tells us that God created man in his own image, male and female. He created them.”

So not only is he a misogynist, he's a Creationist as well.  What a lovely person.

Ironbite-I want to skull fuck his brains out.

Art Vandelay

Re: Mike Pence, Creationist
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 09:13:24 pm »
So, a Republican politician is a religious loon, eh? Well, there's the fucking surprise of the century.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:06:21 pm »
So, a Republican politician is a religious loon, eh? Well, there's the fucking surprise of the century.

Ya don't say!?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:04:18 am »

Ya don't say!?

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.