Author Topic: Guest Verified: "Psychology is not a science" and "PhDs are just clubs"  (Read 3224 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
My sense of humor ranges from gallows to literally the worst.

And yeah, admittedly, it is rather hypocritical - but it does seem like a lot of effort to put into one fundamentalist echo chamber. Heck, this is the first place I ever heard of Disqus.

No, I get it.  Lots of people I know say they’d rather wipe their arses with sandpaper than engage with evangelical lunatics.  What can I say, one man’s sport..
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Maybe you could accuse him of sounding like a Scientologist. I doubt he'd take that well.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
I prefer the view from the peanut gallery, but I can at least understand the appeal.  Poking the dumb monkeys and watching them fling their dung everywhere is amusing as hell.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline BobRumba

• God
I prefer the view from the peanut gallery, but I can at least understand the appeal.  Poking the dumb monkeys and watching them fling their dung everywhere is amusing as hell.

Yeah, the peanut gallery used to suit me just fine too, but once you get engaging with them, it's a whole new ballgame.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Like I said in those comments, I thought that "Satanic Panic" stuff (that B1jetmech was going on about) went out of style in the '80s.

And maybe Doug Bristow's adding to it, too, since he said a Christian monument doesn't infringe on anyone's religious freedom, but then in the next sentence said "And NO you cannot put a monument to Satan next to it or anywhere else in our town."  I guess he's only interested in his OWN religious freedom.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
I don’t see anything B1jetmech has said that would indicate he’s the same person as afchief. Afchief believed that Supreme Court rulings, all of them, were just polite suggestions that no one had to follow. He was also insanely over-the-top, constantly screaming in all caps, laughing at people, “singing” condescending songs, etc.

All this guy said was that the Supreme Court has been wrong before. While that statement may be correct in some senses of the word, it’s an irrelevant position as a matter of law. It is, however, nowhere near as gleefully, utterly, and completely wrong as afchief was, nor is his posting style as insane or childish.