Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533431 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2013, 08:55:55 am »
Hrm. Mass Effect 3 also gives you Kaidan for a bisexual option. But man have I seen a lot of fetishizing homosexuals come from MShenko.

I wonder if I am the only person who is mildly pissed that Kaidan went from being a military veteran with a pessimistic understanding to how the world works into being a whiny overly emotional looser in the 3rd game.

I got the feeling that was for the new bi-sexual relationship options, but it was a serious turn off for me as a female player. It left me feeling like they were going for the effeminate gay stereotype and it bugged me.

Of course I could have misinterpreted it.

I wouldn't know. Commander Shane Shepard lost Kaidan Alenko on Virmire and has never been interested in him as a romance option anyways. I do know that Kaidan walks all over femshep and she just takes it from him! Whereas mshep can deny everything where femshep can't.

I will always hate Bioware for not letting me have this:

(click to show/hide)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:16 am »
Hrm. Mass Effect 3 also gives you Kaidan for a bisexual option. But man have I seen a lot of fetishizing homosexuals come from MShenko.

I wonder if I am the only person who is mildly pissed that Kaidan went from being a military veteran with a pessimistic understanding to how the world works into being a whiny overly emotional looser in the 3rd game.

I got the feeling that was for the new bi-sexual relationship options, but it was a serious turn off for me as a female player. It left me feeling like they were going for the effeminate gay stereotype and it bugged me.

Of course I could have misinterpreted it.

I wouldn't know. Commander Shane Shepard lost Kaidan Alenko on Virmire and has never been interested in him as a romance option anyways. I do know that Kaidan walks all over femshep and she just takes it from him! Whereas mshep can deny everything where femshep can't.

I will always hate Bioware for not letting me have this:

(click to show/hide)
And I'm a bit miffed that they never thought of this:
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:36 am »
Polyamory is available in Dragon Age depending on how you play it.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:40 am »
Sims has always had a gay option.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36:49 pm »
Skyrim has gay and lesbian options.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
As does Fable.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Distind

« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:53 pm »
As does Fable.
Playing back through the fable games(all of them because I have no attention span) and god damn does fable cover lots of shit. I had someone who was 'Transvestite appreciative' following around one of my female characters for a while. I've pretty much gotten to the point I check NPC details just to amuse myself in the stranger areas.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »
Ironically, I actually consider Skyrim's gay options to be the best in the gaming community so far simply because the game's like

"Are they marriable?  Okay, we're just going to completely ignore everyone's gender in this and play it as gender neutral as possible!"

Gotta say one thing about Nords, they may have a lot of racists, and they may be superstitious about magic (despite once being great with it) but they are pretty progressive about gender equality.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »
Ironically, I actually consider Skyrim's gay options to be the best in the gaming community so far simply because the game's like

"Are they marriable?  Okay, we're just going to completely ignore everyone's gender in this and play it as gender neutral as possible!"

Gotta say one thing about Nords, they may have a lot of racists, and they may be superstitious about magic (despite once being great with it) but they are pretty progressive about gender equality.
As the game says, there's little time for sexism or homophobia in Skyrim. You're too busy not dying.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

Okay, so perhaps this does say something about society's unfortunate views on body type, but comparing killing a Sim with wanting actual human beings dead is pretty ridiculous.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »

Okay, so perhaps this does say something about society's unfortunate views on body type, but comparing killing a Sim with wanting actual human beings dead is pretty ridiculous.

My goddess half of tumblr are psychopaths.

&

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2013, 06:03:53 pm »
Said person probably plays violent RPGs and sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto while violently splattering the brains of anyone who gets in their way without a single pause.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2013, 07:09:13 pm »
CRY. CRY AND FUME.

I DRINK YOUR TEARS.

Seriously, though, its just a game. I like making my Sims suffer as much as humanly possible, but that's because I am a cruel bastard.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2013, 09:35:22 pm »
Still, I get the poster's point. If they had instead wanted to get rid of, say, a black Sim for being black, we'd find that friggin creepy.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »
Could've made the point without all the hyperbole, tho. Here's something rather mild in the topic of SJW:

"Blatant racism (apartheid) and misogyny"

All the ad is doing is comparing the 1950s to now when it comes to Denny's and how people dress between then and now. If anything, the ad is pretty progressive. It's meant to be an ad about a dad and his son. And there's no racism. The 1950s just happened to have ads like on the left. They were everywhere. It was the 50s for goddess's sake!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:42:27 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&