Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533133 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »
Also, the guy on the right reminds me less of a minority and more of Greg Grunberg.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2013, 10:44:47 pm »

I like how they claim that one POC cannot speak for all POC while they're trying to speak for all POC.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »
"This is a no whites zone!"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06:50 pm »
POCstuck? Are they talking about POC fanart for Homestuck?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:59 pm »
POCstuck? Are they talking about POC fanart for Homestuck?

Basically...

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2013, 07:49:02 am »
(even though, IMO, DA2's gameplay blows DA1's out of the water.  But then, people love DA1 because it reminds them of their precious Baldur's Gate series)
DA2 gameplay sucks balls. Half of the fights are too easy, the other half too hard, so I need to go to options every time and screw with the difficulty slider. The enemy reinforcements are annoying and I still fail to see how they're anything other than padding. DA1 was only starting to stretch my SOD about the number of enemies, but Hawke slaughters an entire division of street thugs every time they go and fetch an old lady's groceries.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2013, 08:06:09 am »

Okay, so perhaps this does say something about society's unfortunate views on body type, but comparing killing a Sim with wanting actual human beings dead is pretty ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that most, if not all, people who play or have played the Sims at one point or another have, in fact, either conducted horrible experiments on them or killed them in some grisly manner.  I'd be more surprised if the people in question HADN'T killed any Sims.

That's like playing Minecraft and never once playing with TNT!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »

I like how they claim that one POC cannot speak for all POC while they're trying to speak for all POC.
"POC" has to be one of the most obnoxious initialisations the social justice twats have ever managed to come up with.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2013, 02:33:48 pm »
"POC" has to be one of the most obnoxious initialisations the social justice twats have ever managed to come up with.
Indeed. It destroys every nuance of racial diversity to replace it with a horrible false dichotomy of "White vs POC"

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

Okay, so perhaps this does say something about society's unfortunate views on body type, but comparing killing a Sim with wanting actual human beings dead is pretty ridiculous.

Not to mention the fact that most, if not all, people who play or have played the Sims at one point or another have, in fact, either conducted horrible experiments on them or killed them in some grisly manner.  I'd be more surprised if the people in question HADN'T killed any Sims.

That's like playing Minecraft and never once playing with TNT!

I killed a nanny for causing a toddler to pee himself after he was already potty trained one time. Yeah, there are very very few sims players that haven't killed a sim, at least occasionally.

And how do you miss the fact that a sim is pregnant anyway? That's pretty dumb, as it is really obvious that they are pregnant, in The Sims 3 they get a moodlet icon that notes the pregnancy and everything. 

But yeah, another so called social justice warrior making a mountain out of a molehill.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

wrightway

« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2013, 02:47:47 pm »
Indeed. It destroys every nuance of racial diversity to replace it with a horrible false dichotomy of "White vs POC"

Erasure of queer identity irks me more. If someone is telling an LGB they have to be straight they are attempting to erase that person's identity. If a trans is being told they can't be X because they have Y that's trying to erase their identity. Anything else comes off as "us vs them" whining that is likely to irritate people who otherwise would have agreed with you.

Don't get me wrong, POC is still confusing and off putting.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2013, 02:56:36 pm »
What's really irritating is that a lot of these SJWs insist that "person of colour" is the only acceptable term, even though it's considered anywhere from pretentious to downright offensive in nearly every region outside of the US.

Then again, these people are infamous for their Americentrism.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2013, 03:03:53 pm »
Mlle, you are often a bastion of eloquence. It must be the Canadian in you.

How does POC work in countries where being Caucasian would make you the POC?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2013, 03:05:30 pm »
What's really irritating is that a lot of these SJWs insist that "person of colour" is the only acceptable term, even though it's considered anywhere from pretentious to downright offensive in nearly every region outside of the US.

I find it hilarious that the same people who claim to fight for equality and kittens and all that is good are sometimes so ignorant and bigoted.

Again, it's not all SJW's just some of them, but the bad ones really are just a mirror image of the right-wing Teatards and racist fuckwits. All are 100% certain that they are right, will never concider that people who disagree with them might have some reason or justification for it and they only see things in black and white, showing hostility to anything that does not perfectly fit into their world view.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2013, 03:20:53 pm »

It ends up implying that the world has all of these wonderful, diverse, colorful communities......and then the white people on the other side.