Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533749 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2013, 11:08:38 pm »
1) Most Sami consider themselves indigenous white Europeans, to the best of my knowledge.

2) You're trying to apply American racial dynamics to Europe, which really doesn't work. I've had my share of Americentrism on Tumblr, thank you.

3) What does cultural perception of Fins living in the US over a century ago have to do with a different (albeit related) ethnic group living in modern day Europe?

4) Who even uses the Caucasoid/Mongoloid/Negroid division anymore, other than neo-Nazis? By that classification, Arabs, Persians, and many South Asian ethnicities are considered "Caucasoid", even though they're frequently perceived as non-white many regions. Fins being classified as "Mongoloid" over a century ago hardly means anything nowadays.

In response to point 4: anthropologists do. My books had it in there. And considering they weren't old as fuck books...

That isn't to say I don't believe anthropology needs to get updated in their definitions and everything else.

I know it's sometimes used when identifying skull shapes and whatnot, but generally speaking, modern social dynamics are a bit more complex than the 3-race categorization formerly used. Which isn't to say that they haven't been influenced by it, of course.

On that I heartily agree.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2013, 11:28:46 pm »
Whiteness isn't about colour, it's about social position.

I think if this was in the form of a screenshot from a random tumblr, it would be a highly appropriate quote to add to this thread.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2013, 11:37:52 pm »
Like, I get that perception of whiteness is about more than how light or dark someone is (hence dark Sicilians being considered white, while someone like Ice-T isn't), but is anyone seriously going to look at this photo and say she's not white? Even if they're aware of her ancestry?:

Did she magically become white when she became a famous actress?

And by that definition, this guy would be considered white:

(Prince Abdulaziz of KSA).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:43:35 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »
I'm a little late to the party but did I seriously see where someone claimed twerking is a sacred dance?

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #439 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »
It is similar to several traditional African dances, and the case can probably be made that it's descended from dances still remembered generations later.

That said, the person's story about slave codes is almost certainly pure bullshit.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #440 on: July 14, 2013, 12:20:22 am »
Are these the same people who believe the Irish weren't really oppressed because their oppressors were also white people?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #441 on: July 14, 2013, 01:53:59 am »
Awww. I missed a discussion related to Finland. Or at least a cultural/ethnic group that some Finns belong to.

I still find it odd that Sami are considered "indigenous people" or "aboriginals" but that's just me. (Didn't my ancestors came here approximately at the same time?) I do like the fact that they have managed to keep their old culture alive this long. On the other hand, I do admit that there has been (and in some cases still is) discrimination against them, I would wish that it would be going away by now but the same racists who spew their hatred on immigrants have recently started complaining about the Sami as well. And even if I don't like the "indigenous people" to be a strange title in this case it is nowhere near as bad as the fact that some people have began to call Sami immigrants or foregneirs when there are arguments over land in Lappland...

And I would have thought that the Sami were more of a cultural group than ethnic (from the Finnish point of view at least since they are part of the same ethnic group as the majority of Finns.) but apparently some of them go by the "one drop" rule and ostracice those Sami who do not have 100% Sami ancestors... And some SJW's in Finland have jumped on this issue because it means they can complain about Finns being evil colonials.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #442 on: July 14, 2013, 08:16:14 am »

Okay, all I can imagine is Till Lindemann going "You've got a pussy! I've got a dick! So what's the problem? Let's do it quick!"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:05:51 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #443 on: July 14, 2013, 02:45:21 pm »
Awww. I missed a discussion related to Finland. Or at least a cultural/ethnic group that some Finns belong to.

I still find it odd that Sami are considered "indigenous people" or "aboriginals" but that's just me. (Didn't my ancestors came here approximately at the same time?) I do like the fact that they have managed to keep their old culture alive this long. On the other hand, I do admit that there has been (and in some cases still is) discrimination against them, I would wish that it would be going away by now but the same racists who spew their hatred on immigrants have recently started complaining about the Sami as well. And even if I don't like the "indigenous people" to be a strange title in this case it is nowhere near as bad as the fact that some people have began to call Sami immigrants or foregneirs when there are arguments over land in Lappland...

And I would have thought that the Sami were more of a cultural group than ethnic (from the Finnish point of view at least since they are part of the same ethnic group as the majority of Finns.) but apparently some of them go by the "one drop" rule and ostracice those Sami who do not have 100% Sami ancestors... And some SJW's in Finland have jumped on this issue because it means they can complain about Finns being evil colonials.

Given how small a group the Sami people are, there really is a danger of there being no true Sami, particularly if the ones in Finland think that they are a distinct group from the Sami living in other countries.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:18 pm »
And now we're back to "coloured" instead of using "PoC" which, I'll be honest, was an abbreviation that made me think of a plague long before it made me think of non-white people.

You know, I can't think of anything to say that wasn't said by WTFSocialJustice.

Wow there’s so many things wrong with this:

• So, is it ok to start calling people colored now? Please give out an official memo on this so we can end the confusion.
  • "Colored girls" are the same everywhere. When my white ex broke up with me, it was an act of racist imperialism. Or something. And at this rate, I figure I’ll never find a relationship in the rest of my life.
  • It’s never ok to force people into a relationship or sex. Unless it’s a white guy. Then he has to stay with you or he’s racist.
  • If white guys are so racist, why do “colored girls" still want to date them?
  • Breaking up with someone is just the worst thing you can do to them. It’s not like people are ever incompatible or anything.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2013, 03:16:20 pm »
Judging by the "ou" spelling in "coloured", it's possible that she's from a region where the term is still acceptable.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2013, 03:19:55 pm »
Given how small a group the Sami people are, there really is a danger of there being no true Sami, particularly if the ones in Finland think that they are a distinct group from the Sami living in other countries.

Clarification: They don't consider themselves separate from other Sami. It is just that some of them are apparently against anyone who has parents/ancestors other than 100% Sami. Which, in my opinion is still odd because what separates them from the average Finn is tradition and Sami-identity rather than ethnicity/dna.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2013, 03:23:21 pm »
I dunno, pretty much every ethnic group has its purists, almost always without any scientific backing to go along with their ideology. I would be surprised if the Sami didn't have a few amongst them who felt that way.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
Pfft, mongrels are better anyway. Mongrel power!

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2013, 03:40:08 pm »
Pfft, mongrels are better anyway. Mongrel power!

Hybrid vigor is a good thing.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.