Author Topic: The Newbie Thread  (Read 242685 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Newbie Thread
« Reply #855 on: October 09, 2017, 03:56:37 pm »
And is it Centaur or Minotaur? ...Or one of those bullshit new options like Liontaur and so on that have been invented in fiction based on the myth. (Funnily enough, all of those are built like a centaur rather than minotaur. I suppose it is the more uncommon bodytype while "animal head on a human" or "anthromorphic animal" are an existing trope as well but none of those follow the -taur naming convention.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #856 on: October 10, 2017, 02:06:29 am »
Hello everyone, not new, just been inactive for the last couple years. Thought I'd reintroduce myself.

Are you both a mecha and a centaur?

And is it Centaur or Minotaur? ...Or one of those bullshit new options like Liontaur and so on that have been invented in fiction based on the myth. (Funnily enough, all of those are built like a centaur rather than minotaur. I suppose it is the more uncommon bodytype while "animal head on a human" or "anthromorphic animal" are an existing trope as well but none of those follow the -taur naming convention.)

As a Warforged Druid, I can be whatever you want, baby.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #857 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:17 pm »
Hey. I'm rookie. I was here back in the days of Yahweh for a while then left. Then came back for a long while. Then had to go away again early last year. And now I'm back again. So hello again, old friends. And I'm looking forward to meeting new ones.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #858 on: January 23, 2018, 04:45:06 am »
Nice to see you again Rookie.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #859 on: January 23, 2018, 07:42:28 pm »
Yo Rookie.  How's things?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #860 on: January 23, 2018, 07:52:51 pm »
Nice to see you Rookie, welcome back.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #861 on: January 23, 2018, 10:08:42 pm »
Thanks everyone. It's going, well, differently now. Oh hey, I got a new baby again. Went up to 9, dropped down to 3, and we're back to 4 again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:30:10 pm by rookie »
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline A Pedant

• Neonate
    • I almost never post on my blog
« Reply #862 on: March 16, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »
I'm gonna do a newbie post just because I've been away from the forum for over a year, and I hadn't posted on the new forums all that much anyhow. I'm 31, just accepting that I'm bi, chronically single, and prone to anxiety and mild depression.

I have a tendency to engage with a group, whether online or in meatspace, become known, make friends and then get hit with a massive sense of "what's the point" combined with lethargy and just drop out of sight, so be warned.

Told you so.

Admittedly, 5 years is a record.
Live Fats Die Yo Gnu

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #863 on: March 17, 2018, 01:58:47 am »
I know how that feels... It's actually rare that I've been pretty much constantly on these forums since other groups see me get excited and then drop out.

Cat

« Reply #864 on: April 29, 2018, 10:21:40 pm »
Hey there! Long time lurker here. I was wondering what happened to the main site? It keeps saying that it cant open the database. Sorry for posting here, I just didn’t know where else to go.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #865 on: May 01, 2018, 03:16:58 pm »
Hey there! Long time lurker here. I was wondering what happened to the main site? It keeps saying that it cant open the database. Sorry for posting here, I just didn’t know where else to go.

It's been like that for I think a few weeks now, no one I've talked to knows what's up with it.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #866 on: May 02, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »
It's driving me personally insane.  I didn't realize how much I have come to love this site.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #867 on: May 02, 2018, 10:20:17 pm »
It's driving me personally insane.

Driving you insane? At best it is a short putt.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »
Hi, I'm the user formerly known as EvenThen. Missed this place, so I figured I'd come back and see what's up. Glad to see it's still active.

Acted pretty cringey last time I was around, hopefully that won't be an issue again.
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #869 on: May 27, 2019, 12:51:50 am »
Hi, I'm the user formerly known as EvenThen. Missed this place, so I figured I'd come back and see what's up. Glad to see it's still active.

Acted pretty cringey last time I was around, hopefully that won't be an issue again.

Hey good to see you, I don't remember anything too cringey but I don't embarrass easily so may not have picked it up. Good to have you back but one thing, are you a 'Fluffy Death Bringer' or a 'Fluffy Dick Bringer'?